Xbox One Why 100 dollars over PS4 means little to me.

Segm3nt

It costs me 100 dollars to fill my tank... 100 dollars is really miniscule and I think its hilarious that this is an arguement. Sorry, I just see posts/blogs all over arguing that its a huge selling point and that the kinect isnt worth it.

I can understand the argument of $100 more being a big deal. Even though the $100 spread out over the life of console ownership ends up being minuscule at best, the up front sticker shock might affect some people.

I'm personally fortunate enough to have a job that pays well. I spent more than $100 on random crap in the past 3 days and none of what I purchase will entertain me for as long as the features of the Xbox One that might fall into that $100 extra cost.

I agree that $100 is not alot to MOST people. I dont think it should be a deciding factor in the decision on which consloe to buy either.
My argument is everyone has had a few months to save 400 or 500 bucks.. If you can spend 400 on entertainment you certainly can spend 500.

I can understand the argument of $100 more being a big deal. Even though the $100 spread out over the life of console ownership ends up being minuscule at best, the up front sticker shock might affect some people.

I'm personally fortunate enough to have a job that pays well. I spent more than $100 on random crap in the past 3 days and none of what I purchase will entertain me for as long as the features of the Xbox One that might fall into that $100 extra cost.

But, you buy the system once. Yes it is a bit pricey, but you won't have to put that type of cash out "extra" for at least another 8 years.

J

Here is the thing for these people who get upset...if $100 is going to SERIOUSLY break your bank. Then you done even NEED to get a next gen console yet. I still stand by my logic. Ready? Here we go.... I can GAURENTEE you that more than 70% of all PS4 buyers at launch DO NOT know that they have to pay for multiplayer now. I know people here do but trust me, I see it EVERYWHERE that know one knows about it. So they buy their PS4, thats $400. More than likely they will get 1 game, lets say Killzone. Thats $60. Ok so now they are all excited Only spent $460, speed home, friends are all over, pop in killzone, go straight to multiplayer, BAM.... message pops up that you need to spend an extra $50 for PS+ to play multiplaer. So now...you are at $510...You just got sucker punched with an unnounced fee that you didnt know about. That will ANGER alot of thos PS4 people, since that was their MAIN reson why the PS3 was better than the 360. So in the end, you start to think well damn....i could of just spent 500 and got a camera with it that adds a whole new exp. and I KNEW that LIVE isnt free. Thats my 2 cents. And I am also...very thankful I have a good paying job to where I can buy both mine and my wifes. def. going to be a blast.

$100 is a big deal to me because I don't have a job, period. I also don't want the Kinect just because Microsoft thinks everyone should have one. Is that a dealbreaker? No, but I'm more inclined to buy the PS4 over the Xbox One right off the bat simply because of the price difference. It's a matter of principle, and without principles we wouldn't have gotten rid of that always-online nonsense.

$100 is a big deal to me because I don't have a job, period. I also don't want the Kinect just because Microsoft thinks everyone should have one. Is that a dealbreaker? No, but I'm more inclined to buy the PS4 over the Xbox One right off the bat simply because of the price difference. It's a matter of principle, and without principles we wouldn't have gotten rid of that always-online nonsense.

Please I do not mean any disrespect, how old are you, just curious?, and is it safely a sound idea to purchase a $400 piece of tech. without a job? Like I said, im not trying to upset you or anything, just wondering.

Please I do not mean any disrespect, how old are you, just curious?, and is it safely a sound idea to purchase a $400 piece of tech. without a job? Like I said, im not trying to upset you or anything, just wondering.

Hey, I'll be the first to admit, 500.00 isn't easy to shell out for a game system. But, I took three months to pay it off. Every paycheck I put down 100.00 and now I'm 99.00 away from paying it off. It wasn't easy putting out that much, but now I'm sitting pretty! Ok, actually I do owe 154.00 (pre-ordered Dead Rising 3) but it will be paid off by next week. 11/22 I'm walking into Walmart and simply walking out with my bounty in hand.

J

Hey, I'll be the first to admit, 500.00 isn't easy to shell out for a game system. But, I took three months to pay it off. Every paycheck I put down 100.00 and now I'm 99.00 away from paying it off. It wasn't easy putting out that much, but now I'm sitting pretty! Ok, actually I do owe 154.00 (pre-ordered Dead Rising 3) but it will be paid off by next week. 11/22 I'm walking into Walmart and simply walking out with my bounty in hand.

J

Agreed, but neither is $400 with no job. When you walk into Walmart I will give you $100 bucks if you record yourself yelling "I am here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and im all out of bubblegum" lmao!

"Eat **** and Die!" lol! But seriously!Man f*** all this negativity!This forum is strange!I feel some our excited as me,then I feel the gloombots.The Buzz Killington's!What the hell!Only on this forum I feel this way when I come on here!I hate to say this but I am really just thinking it is because this is the American one!This site is really just for Xbox One fans just like they have PS4 and Wii U forums right?What the hell.....Nevermind this forum is strange!:(

100 dollars is a huge deal when you look at it in the context of the average parent in the Christmas season. Most people are strapped for cash around Christmas. $100 dollars means that they can buy more gifts for their family members. So it may not mean much to you, but 100 bucks means a lot to other people around the holidays.

I'm 22 and a college student. And high-paying jobs don't grow on trees, which is why I never underestimate the value of the dollar. But then I consider myself a humble person and I acknowledge the fact that game consoles are luxuries, which is why I'm reluctant to spend full price on them. But as I've said before, I'm not buying either right now, and I would say the same even if I had a job and/or the money to spend on it.

Not all, but some posters here missed the point of this thread. The point is, the disparity between 400 and 500 dollars is miniscule. Its like buying a few more steaks at a grocery store. Or not taking my wife out to dinner one night. Its the difference of eating out for lunch a few days. To me, its not a deciding factor as it should not be for people investing in either system. If you can afford to buy one, dont let 100 dollars be the difference is my argument.

Agreed, but neither is $400 with no job. When you walk into Walmart I will give you $100 bucks if you record yourself yelling "I am here to chew bubblegum and kick ass....and im all out of bubblegum" lmao!

True, been there myself. One of my past systems were purchased with the help of one of my buds... Would have been gameless.

J

I kinda sorta could get the $ outright, but decided to sell my 360 and a TiVo to make it a little easier and also so I could get a few more games.

We also have to consider our positions in life and where we each are. Not knocking anyone or anything, but I would probably not put out so much if I was a younger type not secure in my position and such. Xbox One with Live and a few games is $1000 and I could do a lot with $1000 when I was younger and needed things.

Now at my age, with my own house, cars, etc... spending $500 is no more out of place than buying a new washer or replacing a window something like that.

I kinda sorta could get the $ outright, but decided to sell my 360 and a TiVo to make it a little easier and also so I could get a few more games.

We also have to consider our positions in life and where we each are. Not knocking anyone or anything, but I would probably not put out so much if I was a younger type not secure in my position and such. Xbox One with Live and a few games is $1000 and I could do a lot with $1000 when I was younger and needed things.

Now at my age, with my own house, cars, etc... spending $500 is no more out of place than buying a new washer or replacing a window something like that.

Well said mate! +Rep

I really get your point. I hate it how $100 over a console and make or break the deal. Like really, you could even sacrifice like 3 games for it which probably, you would never play. Its like a trap where you see something $100 more cheaper and automatically think it really lot cheaper. It's like the 9.99 thing. It just makes people more cautious but in reality, you could just sacrifice some things for a while just to get it.

Okay, let's start with the price. Realistically (and I mean no disrespect) but if anyone feels that the $100 difference is a deal breaker, that will be an issue when you pay $60 for a game and another $60 for a controller. If $100 over the life of the console is too much then $60 for a game is outrageous, and $60 a year for XBOX LIVE is never going to happen. The logic over the amount makes no sense to me personally. Moving on to you second point, always online nonsense? the best features of the Xbox were tied to the online connection, and it's a damn shame that the vocal few managed to make MSFT sway their course. Honestly who doesn't have access to the internet once a day? They weren't demanding you to have a fiber optic connection, just some sort of access. If $100 breaks the bank and you can't access the internet, then why buy a next gen console.

I agree that $100 isnt a lot of money. And I think if you cant afford the 100 dollar difference you should be buying game consoles to begin with. I also understand that PS4 is starting to charge for online play. But heres the thing

Xbox ALREADY charges for online play, its not free...and its STILL 100 dollars more.

Also, 100 dollars isnt much money overall, but as a comparison to the overall price it kind of is.

Its not about affording things to me, not at all.
I can afford to go out and buy a few 3D TV's, and pay much more than i would for the standard TV, but the fact of the matter is, i HATE 3D and i would never use it, so why pay more for something i never wanted and will not use?

Another analogy is this whole healthcare mess. People are being told that their old policies are being cancelled, and that even though they were promised they wouldnt be cancelled, its for the better. "You'll pay more now, but youll have better coverage!". If i wanted better coverage I'd have bought better coverage!

So what im saying is, it seems like this 100 dollar difference is the kinect. And most people you talk to will come to that conclusion.
With that said, I didnt buy a kinect for my 360, so why would i want one for the xbox One?

At the end of the day though, noone is forcing me to buy an xbox one (unlike with healthcare) so the simplest solution is to not buy one. Microsft has the right to make their console whatever they want it to be, and charge whatever they want to charge. I have the right to not buy it. I will not buy right away, but im sure there are TONS of people who will, so both microsoft and I will live to see another day...

Back