Xbox One Will Destiny be as good as they are claiming?

wowtgp

This is coming from someone who has never played Halo. Hey, don't look at me like that. I have just bought a 360 and have pre-ordered a Xbox One.

Anyway, I think Destiny is going to be a good MMO, especially after considering Bungie's glorious past, but is it going to be as epic and compelling as they are proclaiming? What do you think about this game?

I'm not a huge Halo fan and I've had an Xbox 360 for a while now. The only Halo title I have is Halo:Reach (I finally gave into the peer pressure). The way the characters move and the world looks is very reminiscent of Halo but I think Destiny is going to be its on person. I think the online is going to be fantastic if executed properly, but my overall opinion of it is a shrug. This is only because there's is so little showed and explained. I think after some details though, I can make a more intelligent comment besides a caveman shrug.

I'm not a huge Halo fan and I've had an Xbox 360 for a while now. The only Halo title I have is Halo:Reach (I finally gave into the peer pressure). The way the characters move and the world looks is very reminiscent of Halo but I think Destiny is going to be its on person. I think the online is going to be fantastic if executed properly, but my overall opinion of it is a shrug. This is only because there's is so little showed and explained. I think after some details though, I can make a more intelligent comment besides a caveman shrug.

Same here. I think what they have showed us so far was completely staged with everyone coming off a phony. They made it look like the next big thing. The funny thing is they played this game pretending like they have never seen it before. I'd wait for some more footage.

The challenge is going to be making the SP portion engaging. I see a lot of similar themes from other games. It moves like Halo but has ADS. It seems like it is structured like Borderlands except you can build your character. Borderlands is fun because it is ridiculous but the looting gets boring after awhile. This game needs a strong narrative (like Halo) for it to take off.

I was never a fan of Halo but destiny got me really excited, so I hope it's as good as it seems. But I'm pretty sure, from what I've seen in the gameplay trailer, it will have a pretty cool co-op game as long as the story is decent you can make it work with 4 friends!

With the destiny beta coming soon, I'm hoping for more discussion about it. Especially considering that both Activision and Bungie have come out and said that the development costs have skyrockted. Destiny needs to be a success and I'm hoping that it really is as good as they say it is. For the amount of money they seem to be sinking into it, it had better be.

what will be the shining or downfall will end up being the way multiplayer works/fits together. its not a solo game and its not a full on multiplayer. this format could be a fresh take and feel great also may be adopted by other titles who want to stay 2-8 multiplayer and still have a very solo feel.

i am on the fence about pre ordering. it looks good and if pre ordered offers a beta play.

I think it'll be good. I've seen portions of the gameplay and so far, it might just be good. Bungie, after all, made Halo for years so this is their chance to show us they can make a game besides Halo. I like the environment, the feel, the gameplay style, the themes... it'll be good I can tell.

Back