Xbox One WIll this game be Pay To Play Or Buy and Play

cg303

With the increased numbers of mmos falling to free to play models it
never hurt to ask why they try in the first place, It seems every mmo wants to be pay to play
but ends up another victim to dwindling subscription numbers and resorting to a cash shop.
If Elder Scrolls cuts past the crap and offers free to play once the disk is purchased, much like
Guild Wars and Defiance, I believe it will encourage more people to purchase the game and play casually
while the hard core mmo players will bankrupt them selves in the cash shop some casual players will more than likely
buy a few items now and then and money will be made including a larger launch date sale.
All they have to do to make money is offer costume pieces from major players in the elder scrolls universe,
grey fox helm, guild armors, dragon priest masks ect. along with certain boosts and cosmetic adjustments.
And they will more than likely triple the sales that any other mmo has made from their own cash shops.

It's not confirmed whether or not ESO is F2P or P2P. There are rumors saying it'll be free, while there are others saying it won't. What I can do is can guess on it. When it comes to MMORPG's, many games use the cash shop like you said, but is available for anyone to play. This is mostly ineffective because if the game is not good; people will not play it, and the company won't get any income. Since this game is already very popular even before it has been released, I expect them to have a payment system similar to WoW where it's subscription based. Without a cash shop, it shows they aren't desperate for money. They can keep the game updated without worrying about what to add to the cash shop, and is a more effective way to get some revenue.

Well now that we know the answer to this, how do you guys feel about it? Will the $15 monthly subscription fee on top of the $60 initial purchase fee drive you away from the game, or will it not effect your decision to get it? Personally, I'm just a poor student and would rather spend money on food to survive than potentially forking out $200 for a video game.

I'll never pay $15 a month to play a game on top of paying $60 for it up front; I don't care how good it is, it's just too expensive for my taste. I feel like, if you pay $50-60 dollars for a game up front, you shouldn't have to pay anything more for it after that. I don't even like paying for DLC later on down the line!!

I'll never pay $15 a month to play a game on top of paying $60 for it up front; I don't care how good it is, it's just too expensive for my taste. I feel like, if you pay $50-60 dollars for a game up front, you shouldn't have to pay anything more for it after that. I don't even like paying for DLC later on down the line!!

Tell me about it. PC gamers are used to paying monthly for a game. But I just don't see how any game could be that good to justify the price tag....

Back