Xbox 360 Will you be selling your Xbox 360?

No, I don't think I will be selling mine. No reason to really. It still gets a lot of use and I predict it still even when I get a new console.

Even with a new system on the way, I don't think that's a good reason to sell the old one. Besides, it's always good to have a backup, and I can pass around my old one to other places in my home if I wish to play video games in another place, such as the living room instead of the basement. The more the merrier, as they say. ;)

My 360 has become part of our family! There is no way I could sell that guy. We are currently using the 360 for Netflix, Last.fm, DVD Player and my primary gaming console so if I did get the Xbox One pretty quickly I'd probably put the 360 in my bedroom. I could at least use it for Netflix in there or just as an offline Xbox if the living room is occupied.

Another thing I think about is how I sold my NES, Sega, Super NES and Playstation 1 & 2. There have been so many times that I've wanted to go back and play games on them again. Not to mention that they are gathering value to collectors over time so I don't think the 360 will be going anywhere.

No ill be passing mine onto my son, got 21 GoD games there and way over 100 arcade titles and a few physical copies of games so hes as excited about getting that as i am about the XB1

That's an awesome amount of game, man! My old man got me my NES with Super Mario and I was so stoked back in the day!

I wasn't actually thinking about that point though with selling the Xbox. I have a lot of money put into GoD as well not to mention a couple arcade games, saved games and the such.

I'm really excited for the next gen, but I'm going to have to look more into how they are going to handle the transfer of content across multiple consoles. I know that Cloud Saves is nice, but I also know that my buddy has had problems with it before.

yeh, ive not stored anything to the cloud on 360 but im sure if theyre basing the whole console on it, surely theyve been working on it to be more stable, fingers crossed.

why would you sell your 360 to buy and xbox 1? your taking 259 steps back.

The 360 still has its use for me in countless hours of entertainment. Come to think of it, so does the original Xbox, it'll just be stored someplace nearby and I may just leave it hooked up, but I definitely won't be giving it up anytime soon. But, really, just because the new console is coming out doesn't automatically make it useless! There are still plenty of games I haven't gotten and plan to in the future for my 360, I just hope the games will be on retail for as long as I have in mind.

Absolutely not. I've kept all games and consoles I ever owned ever since my NES. It still works, I have a lot of stuff saved on the HDD, and there's really no good reason to get rid of it. If I want to afford the next gen or a new game, I work and save for it. I'll likely still have it plugged in into next year, as the XB1 isn't backwards compatible (sadly), and I still have a backlog of games to get through.

It's not really worth it at this stage. The most i could get for it in the UK would be £50 and that would be pushing it. I think i'd rather keep it for now and maybe dig it out from the attic in 10 years and enjoy it once more. Also it's not done yet, there's still some games like GTA 5 that I might be playing on it. And of course Netflix ;)

Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't sell my Xbox 360 ever. It doesn't matter whether the Xbox One has backwards compatibility or not; there's sort of an emotional attachment that I can't rid myself of. I know it isn't really rational, but hey, that's just who I am.

Nope. I would never sell my Xbox 360 in the same way that I'd never sell any of the consoles I've owned before it. I enjoy building up my entertainment center and also making it into a gaming museum for me to enjoy with family and friends. Overall though, I just love my 360 and plan on adopting the XB1 into the collective family of consoles.

I already pre-ordered GTA V so there is no way I am going to get rid of my 360. Just bought it for the 360 and still not sure if that game will play on the Xbox One. I probably will keep my 360 because I have so many 360 games.

It's tough selling a game console especially so soon. It's still considered current gen after all. Either way I'm keeping my Xbox 360. I've got too many games and good memories. Besides GTA 5 is ONLY for current gen, and I NEED that game. It would be nice to have the extra cash though I admit. To each his own, as long as you REALLY think it through.

pretty much what the other 2 posters above me said, I can literally make a castle outta my games so instead of selling them for 80 bucks at eb (if I'm lucky...) I'd much rather just keep them for backlog. Same thing I did with my n64, gamecube, and ps2

EDIT: Also...GTA V

Just like my Xbox, i will keep it. It's just a matter of time on how much will she be able to last until i get a RROD or the whole thing just crashes or something.

I sold my fat 360 to my sister about a week ago, and then loaned her my game collection indefinitely. I thought it was about time for it to go since it's been awhile since I've played anything at all, but I still want the option to occasionally play! A friend gifted me Skyrim for PC so I don't have to go and spend days at a time camped at her house picking flowers and organizing my bookshelf.

I'll cop to upselling it for a bit more than it was worth, but in my defense there's a fairly comprehensive collection of XBLA games on there!

I definitely won't be. I don't see the point really. If I am right then the Xbox One won't have backwards compatibility, so for me there is still a need to hold on to my console. The same goes with the PS3 and PS4 too. It's just a shame that there is no backwards compatibility, it's actually quite disappointing but this is the primary reason that I will not be selling any consoles to make way for the new generation.

Back