Xbox One Will you buy The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

I'm not a major fan of video game-movie tie-in's. I think history has shown us that good games are not the rule that they are the exception. I want to be optomistic but you can't go against history and what it's shown us. I'll keep my eyes on it and hopefully we'll see good things but I'm trending on the side of pessimism.

Just to be on the safer side, I'd want to see how this game turns out first before I get it.

Borrowing it or renting it. Unless the movie based game comes to the standard of the good ones like The Warriors, nah, I can't really go for it.

Did you try telling her it was essential that you get Mad Max and most of the comedies are same-y anyway now and days?

Honestly, he should have Mad Max, Troma Films, the El Mariachi Trilogy, the Kickboxer series, the American Ninja series, the Death Wish series, Predator series, and the Terminator series all on DVD or Blu-Ray. I'd say VHS, but you crazy youngsters now and days need your discs and your digital.

Honestly, he should have Mad Max, Troma Films, the El Mariachi Trilogy, the Kickboxer series, the American Ninja series, the Death Wish series, Predator series, and the Terminator series all on DVD or Blu-Ray. I'd say VHS, but you crazy youngsters now and days need your discs and your digital.

Well, I'd love to try the VHS but then the world has changed over the years so yes, a crazy youngster like me needs discs and digital versions 'cuz it's all I got. Maybe when I get enough cash and enough craziness, I'll look for the VHS. Till then, it's discs and digital for me.

Always, always rent if you can't wait for the full review from a reviewer that you trust. Like many people have said, the rule is that these are more often than not terrible or average at best. A truly excellent movie-tie in is very rare and I'm not getting the feeling that this will be one of the games that is held up as an example of what studios should do.

That list is way better than this game.

That's bad when a movie list from the 80s to mid-90s is better than a game based on an upcoming movie.

No doubt. I kind of feel I should have at least half of those but I just have all the Terminator series. But Amazing Spider-Man 2...it could be like Spider-Man 2 and turn out to be the good game in the movie tie in trilogy.

I'll rent Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's not something I'd just pick up and not no doubts about buying.

I changed my mind. I would probably just have this borrowed from someone or maybe rented. I'll save my money for other games that are coming out this year. I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls online, Titan Fall and Watchdogs to be out. I guess those titles deserve the money more than this now.

If you can borrow it, that's great--not so much for someone who actually bought it, but at least you wouldn't have to drop money on renting it.

I have no friends who are gamers to the point of trying a variety of games (most play either Madden, NBA, or BF) so I can't borrow anything.

Wow, you sure know your way around the world of the classics. Hahahaha. I'll keep your suggestions in mind in case I search around to watch something on Netflix or something.

I liked that list as well, but I have very few of those in my collection. I would say what else do you suggest MetalSwift, but this isn't the thread lol

They should have those games on Xbox One back in action.

Well, consensus is in: borrow or rent the game. Seems this game doesn't have enough awesomeness to be bought. We'll also just see the reviews and videos as they come along.

Yeah the game could turn out being good, but tie-ins to a movie usually drop the ball so it's the safe option.

You know what, I'm going to give The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game some hope and say that the game will get the Spider-Man 2 rub and be a game worth picking up.

Back