Xbox One Would you like to play a Kinect game that uses only... your voice?

diamondback8

You know, I never thought of it until now: would you play a Kinect game that uses only your voice? We're always using the cursor, the controller, the gestures but how about voice? What if the entire game using Kinect was only playable with voice? Like, if it's an adventure game, you'd have to make a command that can tell a character to move or something. Would you play that?

My biggest issue with the concept is that it would probably have a bit of a delay between command and on screen action

Using voice only commands to play a game? Hmm. Not a bad suggestion but like what KN1GHTMARE said there will be an issue with the voice command and the on screen action. I think it would be better if we had something like a game that has kinect totally reacting to our whole body. A game that doesn't have any restrictions.

Hmmm... I agree with the super-mod. There's going to be latency issues. But hmmm.... >:)./..... uuhm, never mind. I actually have an idea about what would make a great voice-only Kinect game but it's uhm leaning towards the naughty side. Hehehe.

Hmmm... I agree with the super-mod. There's going to be latency issues. But hmmm.... >:)./..... uuhm, never mind. I actually have an idea about what would make a great voice-only Kinect game but it's uhm leaning towards the naughty side. Hehehe.

Haha. But yeah, thing is I don't think having a voice only game would work for anyone unless it's a karaoke game right?

No, I don't think I would like that. I would worry about it not always picking up my voice. It would result in a poor gaming experience and just a bunch of frustration. No thanks.

Yes please, a new Seaman would be the best thing ever and would make the X1 instawin.

But a karaoke game I would want a microphone with. Unless Kinect was THAT good at picking up tonal quality.

You got a point there. Well I guess they have to fix the issues that kinect still has before they have something like that available.

You got a point there. Well I guess they have to fix the issues that kinect still has before they have something like that available.

Karaoke game would be nice. But yeah the voice recognition part really still has a lot of flaws.

But a karaoke game I would want a microphone with. Unless Kinect was THAT good at picking up tonal quality.

Haha. Cool suggestion, but the fact is kinect doesn't pick up our voices 100% of the time. So I guess I'll pass.

Back