Xbox 360 Would you say some games are too girly to be played by men?

Craig

I have to admit I sometimes enjoy a good session of dancing by myself playing on kinect. My male friends though are either making fun of me for real or they are ashamed to admit they do it too.
What's your opinion on this? Are some games made especially for girls? Is it that weird men play them?

Sure, plenty of people say that. Which is why people like to play those sorts of games when they think nobody is around lol.

Do you play these types of games when nobody is around crossunitedfate? :D I have seen some girly games but I have never played one. But if my girl would ask me to play a girly game with her, I'd never hesitate to play it.

Do you play these types of games when nobody is around crossunitedfate? :D I have seen some girly games but I have never played one. But if my girl would ask me to play a girly game with her, I'd never hesitate to play it.

I won't lie. I found myself playing games like "Up" before. But that's not a girly game. But at the same time, it's not the kind of game I want on my profile. But when you have kids, you find you start playing a lot of shovelware games.

My one buddy always blames it on his daughters playing under his profile ;) I don't think there are too many games on the 360 that I would say are based solely for girls. Now the DS...Well, if you enjoy playing Imagine Ballerina, I might think that was a little strange seeing a grown man playing it, but one NYE, we had a dance off with Dance Central and it was a close race between my husband and one of his guy buddies for the win. (There WAS a bit of alcohol involved). I say as long as you're having fun, that's all that counts.

As a gamer, I don't think ANY game is too girly ;) I think all games are just as manly as Call of duty and that ANYONE should be able to play it. But of course the child games like My little Pony and such are just ridiculous!

Unfortunately, the male ego in me doesn't make it easy for me to play some games :D This is made worse when I'm to to play the perceived girly games at my ladies request. I think that there is no need to pretend or try to look decent over this, some games are too feminine!

I think the only games that are too girly for men are very specific games like Barbie Horse Adventures, Bratz Forever Diamonds and that DS fashion designing game. Also the Nintendo ones where you raise a virtual baby.

Dance Dance Revolution, Child of Eden and and singing and dancing games are perfectly fine for men to play.
I think it's kind of hot when men sing and dance. It takes a man who's secure in his masculinity to play Karaoke Revolution and belt out a cover of the MGS Snake Eater theme.

The only time I play the girly games are when I'm playing with my daughter. I'll make a complete idiot out of myself for her.

Sure, plenty of people say that. Which is why people like to play those sorts of games when they think nobody is around lol.

True Story,aka the safe zone. Everybody likes what they like. In all honestly, if it makes you happy or its something you think would fun why not give it a try.

No, I believe games are designed for both genders. I personally love playing Cooking Mama on Nintendo DS and have never questioned my sexuality. I've seen many females play Call of Duty which is considered to be a 'male's' game.

No, I believe games are designed for both genders. I personally love playing Cooking Mama on Nintendo DS and have never questioned my sexuality. I've seen many females play Call of Duty which is considered to be a 'male's' game.

There are ton of male chefs out there, so I am trying to teach the boys that it is ok to cook and learn how to make decent meals, so you not living off of mac & cheese and ramen noodles when they get order.

I know the proper way to answer this is "everyone has different interests" but it it's indisputable that some games are targeted toward the female market. I do notice this is particularly more evident in kinect games.

I dunno. If guys want to play super girly games that's their choice, but so long as a game doesn't feature animated ponies or hair braiding I don't see how it could be considered too girly for guys. Games like Cooking Mama, Persona, Final Fantasy, Minecraft, Zelda and Scribblenaughts are in between the fence that separates girls and guys. Games are one of the few forms of media that appeal to people of both sexes on such a wide scale.

I dunno. If guys want to play super girly games that's their choice, but so long as a game doesn't feature animated ponies or hair braiding I don't see how it could be considered too girly for guys. Games like Cooking Mama, Persona, Final Fantasy, Minecraft, Zelda and Scribblenaughts are in between the fence that separates girls and guys. Games are one of the few forms of media that appeal to people of both sexes on such a wide scale.

I never really thought of FF or Minecraft as girly, or even Zelda. The people you hang out with must be some hardcore male gamers if they consider those "girly" ;)

I never really thought of FF or Minecraft as girly, or even Zelda. The people you hang out with must be some hardcore male gamers if they consider those "girly" ;)

Minecraft actually had a female dev and less-male content during it's early years:
RanaHasAnimations.png

Minecraft actually had a female dev and less-male content during it's early years:
RanaHasAnimations.png

I wonder if I tell my boys that Minecraft is considered girly, if that will deter them for their obession with it and always wanting to watch it in youtube.

Some of them perhaps. There are definitely some ignorant guys out there who won't touch games like Minecraft or Zelda because they're too busy playing their steroid injected games like Gears of War and God of War. They don't know what they're missing though, so that's their problem.

Where is this picture from? Because it doesn't look anything like infdev Minecraft or Minecraft Classic which were both developed by Notch and no one else (before he founded Mojang). This seems more like a Minecraft clone.

I wonder if I tell my boys that Minecraft is considered girly, if that will deter them for their obession with it and always wanting to watch it in youtube.

Look at it this way. They could be playing something stupid instead like Call of Duty that is just mindless shooting and doesn't engage their brains or let them use their imagination.

I'm going to buy kinect but i was afraid that my boyfriend won't find a game which he'll like. But as i see there is a lot of games which we both can play ;)

Back