Xbox One Xbox 360 Season Pass Purchases Also Applied To Xbox One

PB7

Former Administrator
Some good news, if you purchase a season pass for an Xbox 360 game then your guaranteed to get it with the same game on the Xbox One. Major Nelson is reporting that Activision, Ubisoft, & EA are all on board with it. So it looks like their isn't going to be any double dipping on that front. I'm pretty glad that i won't have to pay twice for it and not have to plan for it when the Xbox One Launches. You can read more about at Major Nelson's Blog.

That actually is pretty smart. I imagine this helps the early adopters needing their CoD or Battlefield fix. I believe Battlefield's stats are cross platform so the publishers are all ready to go for the people either on the fence or are unable to get into next gen at launch.

Wait, what season passes, didn't EA and Microsoft already dropped that thing? Because i had that idea. Either way, if there are still those things around, good for Microsoft to let users use them with both consoles.

you would almost think it was going to happen reguardless with the xbox 360 games and the gamestop 10 dollar trade up for the one. season passes would almost have to be transferble as well with the gamertag ect ect. but its good to hear.

But which games will actually take advantage of this? I can't think of any cross-generation game that has season passes so far. Is there any? If not, it might be kinda pointless, at least right now. But still kinda nice, I guess?

But which games will actually take advantage of this? I can't think of any cross-generation game that has season passes so far. Is there any? If not, it might be kinda pointless, at least right now. But still kinda nice, I guess?

i would assume its based or targeted at cod ghost, battlfeild4 and various games that are multi platform at this point. they are thinking of the games that will hit the market on both the 360 and xb1 not everyone is a pre order or new console buyer. they are leaving a door open so u dont feel stuck with the 360 for a year if you are on the fence and want those core games that will be out or on the 360 before the xb1... it also allows someone who didnt pre order who may get a game in 6 months or for christmas to carry over his season passes in january without dropping 150 on a game and 2 season passes.

Well don't forget, Season Passes were originally dropped in favor of Always Online. Now, since Always On has been publicly burned by the crowd, they will likely go back to Season Passes on some games.

Still, it seems a little moot to buy the same game for the next gen just to take advantage of the shared pass. But then again, I'm not a fan of season passes in general since I'm the type of guy who likes to see the goods before you get my money. Companies and DLC these days are hard to take on faith.

Back