Xbox One Xbox 720 and Cable TV?

mandabear

According to an article I found, the Xbox 720 should be released some time next year, and some analysts are speculating that it will release around the $100 dollar mark. Sound too good to be true? Well, according to the article, it will be priced this low because it will come with a cable TV subscription, although the article did not mention if the subscription would be mandatory. The article compared the upcoming Xbox 720/cable TV bundle to buying a cell phone and paying for monthly service. What do you think?

I think I'm glad that this is just speculation and not fact!! If you don't have to subscribe to cable TV in order to play the Xbox, I think it'll be great, because $100 dollars is much more affordable than $300 plus. If, on the other, you do have to pay for the subscription in order to use Xbox Live, whether or not I'll buy the 720 will depend on how much the subscription is.

I agree with iHeartNY here. I've heard so many rumors about the Xbox 720 that at this point, I don't know what to believe! At one point, I remember there was a rumor circulating around that the 720 won't even have a disc drive, so you'll have to download all the games for it, thereby eliminating the used games market. I hope that rumor, along with this new one about forced TV subscription, proves to be false!

Even if it does come with a cable TV subscription, I doubt it will be priced around $100. After all, it is the next gen flagship console from Microsoft, they aren't going to let it go so easily. I agree with Jean Louise, there are loads of rumors about Xbox 720 doing the rounds on the internet.

I agree with Trusty Cow - I would rather pay full price for the new console than pay a reduced price for it and have to subscribe to cable TV, especially since you'll still have to pay a separate fee to subscribe to Xbox Live.

I agree with Trusty Cow and Jocelyn, too. I don't watch cable or satellite TV; I have Netflix for a reason, ha ha!! I don't want to buy the new console and be roped into a TV contract. If I can't buy the 720 straight up, no strings attached, I'd rather not buy it at all!!

I don't want to buy the new console and be roped into a TV contract. If I can't buy the 720 straight up, no strings attached, I'd rather not buy it at all!!

I agree completely. While this might be a great deal for people that insist on keeping a satellite or cable TV subscription, I just don't watch TV enough to justify spending $50-$100 dollars a month on it. There's just no way I'd buy anything that required me to sign a TV service contract!

Lol the Xbox 720 huh? that is a good name, much better than Xbox 1

Sorry for the continued bump but thought you all would like the picture. Apparently someone at Tesco still thinks it's called the 720

twrMhRC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have cable so I am not willing to subscribe to something just to play games. I can't figure out how that all works and won't worry about it until it happens.

Back