Xbox One Xbox Live on Xbox One and Xbox 360

TerminatorTim

When the Xbox One comes out, will One gamers be able to play with 360 gamers all via Xbox Live? Does anyone know if there are going to be compatibility issues with that?

I heard just for party chat. I think if they played against players on the 360 it would be unfair considering the xbox one people have better consoles. Also the controller probably reacts faster so it might be a fairness-rule.

I believe it was lost planet or lost planet 2 that had cross-platform online play.

My point is it's possible. Won't happen but possible.

When the Xbox One comes out, will One gamers be able to play with 360 gamers all via Xbox Live? Does anyone know if there are going to be compatibility issues with that?

No. That was confirmed already. Not even party chat because of the difference in codec. Also confirmed. The source article is also posted somewhere in the forums.

No. That was confirmed already. Not even party chat because of the difference in codec. Also confirmed. The source article is also posted somewhere in the forums.

Well, it's expected that they won't be supporting older hardware. They have to abandon their old flagships at some point in time for retirement, haha. In retrospect, it makes sense for microsoft to make such a move. Trying to support crossplatform costs time and money to work out, and even then the results may or may not be what they were expecting. From what I see right now, however, what with all the advertisement and marketing schemes to get more people to buy the Xbox One, microsoft will have no problem in earning console sales. They'll have more than enough of a population to support solely on Xbox One.

Back