Xbox One Xbox One achievements will be color-coded to each player

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
We have a little clarification and relief regarding the new Xbox One achievements revealed previously. If you were anything like me you were not thrilled about the color scheme shown in the video screen shot. Rumors stated the color would be included in the customization options, but nothing official was stated by Microsoft until now.

One of the new features in Microsoft's Achievements system on Xbox One includes the ability to color-code pop-ups in local multiplayer games to help clarify which user received which Achievement. In the current Xbox 360 Achievements system, the player that unlocks an Achievement is highlighted by a light that appears around the Xbox 360 logo corresponding to their controller.

Xbox One, however, will let players choose a specific color that will fill the Achievement pop-ups and notify the group who received it.

An example of the new system can be seen at the 11:15 mark of this video first streamed on the official Microsoft Twitch.tv account. http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios/b/472561298

So what do you guys think?

via Polygon

"a light that appears around the Xbox 360 logo corresponding to their controller."

Does that mean the controller lights up as well? I was under the impression the controllers were all identical and didn't distinguish which player they were attached to.

I get that the light on the achievement pop-up on screen will have a specific color, I just don't see how that corresponds to the physical controller.

"a light that appears around the Xbox 360 logo corresponding to their controller."

Does that mean the controller lights up as well? I was under the impression the controllers were all identical and didn't distinguish which player they were attached to.

I get that the light on the achievement pop-up on screen will have a specific color, I just don't see how that corresponds to the physical controller.

The guide button lights up white normally on xbox one. The part you are quoting is in reference to how it is now on 360.

That's actually pretty cool that we can have individual colors for achievements.Not a big deal, but a nice touch that I'm sure will be appreciated when playing multiplayer!

Color coding the achievements to individual players is a pretty sweet little idea. All the little extras I keep hearing about make me want the new console NOW!

Wow, at first I thought this was uneditable and you'd have to settle for an ugly forest green I saw in a gif, but this is actually awesome and something that will really modernise the interface. Another small reason to pick up an Xbox One!

Wow, at first I thought this was uneditable and you'd have to settle for an ugly forest green I saw in a gif, but this is actually awesome and something that will really modernise the interface. Another small reason to pick up an Xbox One!

Yea I felt the same way. Not only can you customize the achievement color, but also the color of the tiles on the dashboard.

Seems like a waste of developmental resources. It's not an exciting feature, it's not a practical feature. What is the purpose of it? Telling your achievements apart from your other friends was never hard to begin with.

Seems like a waste of developmental resources. It's not an exciting feature, it's not a practical feature. What is the purpose of it? Telling your achievements apart from your other friends was never hard to begin with.

As a programmer I can assure it wouldn't take many resources to implement such a feature. I think you're making it a bigger deal since you have such a pessimistic and contrarian attitude with the XB1; something I've noticed through your various post.

Really? That sounds sick, don't know why Xbox hadn't implemented this at an earlier date. Do you know if any changes will happen for the 360 in a similar fashion? Or is it XBOne exclusive?

It's the 'little things' that make the whole package more attractive. Sometimes a little attention to detail here and there helps show off the dedication of the developers/company to their product/service.

If I'm ever asked what I'm most excited about with the Xbox One, there's no single answer. It's all the little things added up to the whole experience that really has me excited. It's the ease of use that all those little things create. Basically, anything that can easily be taken for granted and that would easily missed if you used Xbox One for a while and then used some other console, that stuff where you'd say to yourself, "Man, I like the Xbox One where it did XYZ, I miss that, wish it was on this console too."

Sometimes the small things make a big difference. Hopefully the attention to detail finds its way to other options on the console. I like this idea a lot though.

Wow, the new achievements appear to be so much more better looking than the previous ones on Xbox 360. I like the colour it has right now, and it's great to see that Microsoft is offering more flexibility in customization for players all round. Another plus, and another small reason to lean for the Xbox One. Nicely done, microsoft.

That's a cute little addition to the system. I think that the amount of couch co-op I get in is so slim that I would not know this was even something that happens without reading this. I'm going to have to find something to couch co-op just to find out how it looks and if its cool or I'll get someone to couch co-op me in, same results.

Back