Xbox One Xbox one dashboard demo

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
[video=youtube_share;1EMm6hYafNM]http://youtu.be/1EMm6hYafNM[/video]​

Well we finally get a "demo" of sorts. Granted I would have preferred a live tech demo, not something that looks like it was edited all together. While I'm sure everything will be fine in the end, it does bother me that with less than a month to go we still haven't seen the dash in use. I was expecting a Major Nelson video by now. I'm sure it will eventually look and flow the way it does in this video, I'm just not sure it will at launch.

via YouTube

If they had showed something like this during the reveal, nobody would have said the foccuse was on tv. Just saying...

For me personally i loved this demo. The response time from kinect is like sync inside the ford fusion. It always worked for me. I like he little xbox logo in the top roght tp let you know that kinect hears you and is processing your voice command. This demo os what i envisioned a next gen console would be

This demo really showcases what the new platform is capable of. LIke Derek, I love the fact that there is a Kinect/ Xbox logo at the top, unobtrusive yet it lets you know that the system is working properly rather than just simply repeating yourself over and over again, like on those stupid voice recognition applications on the IVR systems on your phone...but I digress. Anyway, this is really exciting. I can't wait to my hands on this thing and get it hooked up to my 60" LED and get some serious playtime in.

Am I the only one that finds the voice-activated controls to be a bit frivolous? I mean, it's a cool show of technology and all, but are y'all actually planning on making a habit of talking to your console? Personally, I'd be fine if it was still just remote-controlled with the controller.

Am I the only one that finds the voice-activated controls to be a bit frivolous? I mean, it's a cool show of technology and all, but are y'all actually planning on making a habit of talking to your console? Personally, I'd be fine if it was still just remote-controlled with the controller.

Its just an added benefit. Me I may use it every now and then but ill stick with my controller. But it also is showing you how much better the KiNECT 2 is than before, since people had mysteriously played it and sayed it sucked lol.

I bet it will work this well because why would they falsely advertise this fast switching and not be able to do this?.

Im sure microsoft has been working on the ui for a year and has great software engineers from around the world trying to make this launch deadline. Theyhave too much money riding on these features.. Its about time my xbox moves as fast as my phone. In the end thats what they are shooting for

I bet it will work this well because why would they falsely advertise this fast switching and not be able to do this?.

Im sure microsoft has been working on the ui for a year and has great software engineers from around the world trying to make this launch deadline. Theyhave too much money riding on these features.. Its about time my xbox moves as fast as my phone. In the end thats what they are shooting for

Multiple reports actually indicate the OS and UI are not working properly, but I hope it's only rumor

Multiple reports actually indicate the OS and UI are not working properly, but I hope it's only rumor

Yea ive read the same articles. Its the same crap. Rumors have it that the xbox sucks but does anyone actually make a decision to buy something from rumors?

Rumors and a tornado of misinformation has fueled this console launch into a "war" for for the media to bleed till its dry.

Imo he only thing ps4 has right now is this "hardcore gamer" angry mob mentality which constantly spins everything for their agenda. I cant wait for rumors to be put to bed in a few weeks.
One last thing.. My bro in law is getting a ps4 and im gettting x1. He wants to hook them up side by side to see which is better. He thinks the ps4 can multitask and switch around like the x1. he thinks the kinect wont work at all. What kind of surprise will he be in for?

Yea ive read the same articles. Its the same crap. Rumors have it that the xbox sucks but does anyone actually make a decision to buy something from rumors?

Rumors and a tornado of misinformation has fueled this console launch into a "war" for for the media to bleed till its dry.

Imo he only thing ps4 has right now is this "hardcore gamer" angry mob mentality which constantly spins everything for their agenda. I cant wait for rumors to be put to bed in a few weeks.
One last thing.. My bro in law is getting a ps4 and im gettting x1. He wants to hook them up side by side to see which is better. He thinks the ps4 can multitask and switch around like the x1. he thinks the kinect wont work at all. What kind of surprise will he be in for?

I paid off already and would never take it back. I'll ride it out until it's 100% but I'm hoping for as smooth a launch as possible

Record the side by side comparison, put the video on youtube, monetize the video and you'll make a couple hundred bucks off of it, I guarantee.

I read the same rumors today from an "confidential" developer. MS excels in the software department that is their forte. They employ some of the most intelligent people in the world and for them to launch an unfinished console would be pretty much suicide for the gaming side of the company. I am confident in the brand and that this video is the real deal. Here's a quote from Penello
...........When questioned about the final product being as smooth as the mock up shown, Penello gave an unquestionable "yes;" going as far to say that people will be "blown away" at the fluidity of the system.
'

Via:http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-will-blow-you-away-denies-poor-xbox-one-performance-rumors?cid=ex-games-rss

i dont think the kinect/console will work that fast or with that response on day one. im saying it now.

pretty sad i got an infraction for this post for speaking my mind.. care to explane???

its an open forum. its an opinion and im sticking to it. i dont think the ui advertised abilities and how stable this system will work day one or for the first quarter to be frank. i am an early adopter pre ordered xb1 and games. i am excited to have my day 1..

let alone the rumors that is is unstable which i have yet to read.

i will say it again.. and stick to my statment.. the press release back in march looked and felt very staged and not running on one system but more computer generated and directed by him but not on system... his hand guestures on kinect were very lagy at the conference how he showed recording gameplay and how this demo show recording are quite different. everything from killer instint to the kinect have looked very off to me in recent showings. the 400 dollar steering wheel showing on forza was lagy and ive pointed it out on the post showing the system in use with the wheel.

pretty sad i got an infraction for this post for speaking my mind.. care to explane???

its an open forum. its an opinion and im sticking to it. i dont think the ui advertised abilities and how stable this system will work day one or for the first quarter to be frank. i am an early adopter pre ordered xb1 and games. i am excited to have my day 1..

let alone the rumors that is is unstable which i have yet to read.

i will say it again.. and stick to my statment.. the press release back in march looked and felt very staged and not running on one system but more computer generated and directed by him but not on system... his hand guestures on kinect were very lagy at the conference how he showed recording gameplay and how this demo show recording are quite different. everything from killer instint to the kinect have looked very off to me in recent showings. the 400 dollar steering wheel showing on forza was lagy and ive pointed it out on the post showing the system in use with the wheel.

There's no infraction, I just checked.

The Dashboard looks almost exactly like the current updated Xbox 360 dashboard with the "Windows 8" theme/feel applied to it. I do like how the new icons look, so much more simplistic and higher quality overall. I like where this is going :) .

Microsoft did a lot of wrong things, and made poor decisions this year that they shouldn't have done in the first place. Next time they will gather a "pow wow" team hopefully. I am hoping that they have learned from their mistakes, and not ever repeat them again.

Back