Xbox One Xbox One DVR will let you record video commentary for game clips

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Xbox One consoles allow players to record video commentary over pre-recorded game clips, Microsoft's Phil Harrison revealed during his Eurogamer Expo keynote attended by Polygon.

Again, the Kinect and Microsoft surprise me by implementing stuff I assumed they had overlooked or had no time to include. Xbox One keeps sounding better and yet the media tries to muddle its repurtation with articles about how polls show favoritism for the PS4. Let's be honest, both consoles will be great. As far as "winners", well its a 10 year race and last I checked the 360 "won this generation, but that means little when Sony and Microsoft's numbers end up to similar. This is a matter of preference and I prefer all the great features and innovations Microsoft is offering.

Harrison demonstrated the system's Upload Studio feature, a new addition that allows the player to record "as much or as little" footage as they want. Users can then record commentary for the clip using the Kinect camera, which will later be played in a picture-in-picture view over top of the recorded game. Additionally, you can either keep these videos private, share them with particular friends or share them publicly.The Xbox One's Game DVR is limited to 720p resolution at 30 frames per second. Your clips are stored in the cloud and can be found in the Xbox One Guide, in your own game DVR collection and when you are looking at gamercards on the system.

Souce: Polygon

Well that is good news. Now I don't have to spend the time editing my videos on the laptop for hours getting the commentary right. I can just make it simpler by having done it already. All I would have to do is make the final touches.

Yes that is a great feature of the new upcoming system. I can't wait till I finally own a Xbox One, just to fiddle with its great features. As the day of the release gets closer, we start to learn even more about this system.

Oh, that is good to hear. I always said in a previous thread that i wouldn't recommend this for "let's players", but seeing how they offering commentary for the recordings, maybe it will be possible.

I'm interested to see how this works out. In the mean time, I'm fine with using my El Gato and editing it in Adobe Premier.

Well that is good news. Now I don't have to spend the time editing my videos on the laptop for hours getting the commentary right. I can just make it simpler by having done it already. All I would have to do is make the final touches.

That was my first though too. This will expedite the process of video commentary so we won't be stuck on our computers attempting to put the proper comments in the right sections of the video. This is very cool technology that I doubt the PS4 will have. I am pumped up for this and I am a little bit surprised that they included it.

I'm interested to see how this works out. In the mean time, I'm fine with using my El Gato and editing it in Adobe Premier.

I'm a premiere user here as well. I'll probably end up with a capture card for Xbox One recording, but I'm willing to give the built-in stuff a try as well.

Back