Xbox One Xbox One gets Booed at EVO 2013

ozadin

Really embarrassing for Mad Catz when they announced Killer Instinct exclusively for the Xbox One, seemed like a lot of people didn't like the decision. I also feel like it should be released for the PS4, but it's their choice.
Also, did anyone else watch the Super Smash Bros tournament at the EVO stream? That was pretty epic.

The video from the live stream of Day 3 of the EVO 2013 finals has become available, featuring the rancid crowd showing no love for Microsoft and the Xbox One during the announcement of Double Helix and Mad Catz working hand-in-hand with the mini 'M' for Killer Instinct. There was zero love for the Redmond, Washington giant and the EVO crowd was having none of it. None. Of. It.

Via: Cinemablend

ya, things seemed to settle down when they were showing off the gameplay though. That being said I also agree it shouldn't be an exclusive and it will be interesting how the FGC handles this.

Oh and yea I watched it, shoutout to Mango dude had a great performance

I don't know if it has more to do with the One's tarnished reputation, or fans wishing it were multiplatform. If it's the former, it just goes to show that first impressions really do have a solid impact, even if you save face.

People were booing because it's an Xbox One exclusive? Haha, that's pretty shallow. I'm not much of a fan of fighting games, but this looks to be half decent. I'll probably pick it up much later after Xbox One's release though.

People were booing because it's an Xbox One exclusive? Haha, that's pretty shallow. I'm not much of a fan of fighting games, but this looks to be half decent. I'll probably pick it up much later after Xbox One's release though.
It's a free-to-play game

It's a free-to-play game

sorta, it's free in the sense of you can get it for free...but you can only play one character and you gotta buy the rest. I also heard a rumor that there's gonna be a retail release as well. I don't know if that part is true or not and I can't remember the source so I can't give one.

(Source for the paying for characters: Killer Instinct to be free-to-play | Den of Geek)

sorta, it's free in the sense of you can get it for free...but you can only play one character and you gotta buy the rest. I also heard a rumor that there's gonna be a retail release as well. I don't know if that part is true or not and I can't remember the source so I can't give one.

(Source for the paying for characters: Killer Instinct to be free-to-play | Den of Geek)

So you can only play one character?
That's not even a game! It's basically nothing more than a demo.
The entire point of fighting games is trying out different characters and different strategies with each one.

I can see why people will boo - it's not because they hate Xbone more than life its self... it's because many people don't buy multiple platforms. If you've made the choice to buy PS4 you're not going to want to invest in a second console just for that one game. If you're a PC gamer you aren't going to want to buy a console to get this one game. So a Xbone exclusive game is a game a lot of people aren't likely to buy.

i am stll hapily awaiting my xb1.. in not pc gamer and gve up ps a while back...

I do wish more games would come out on both platforms. I mean, it makes sense in some cases why they do it, every system should have a flagship developer or games to draw them into that system. Bungie's Halo, Naughty Dog...but for stuff like this, it seems to be purely a way to make more money on the developer's side. It's not like Killer Instinct is going to convince some people to buy an Xbox

That's just immature. A lot of these people will change their tune once they actually see their fighting games running liquid smooth frame rates. I think for the 6 car games they announced at E3 they might have snuck in a fighter or two.

Isn't the solution to get an Xbox One? What's the big deal about exclusives if everyone is flocking to the new consoles anyway? Seems kind of stupid to boo for the fact that a game is only available on one of two consoles that are yet to be released.

It won't be the killer title that Xbox One needs but it would definitely turn a lot of heads. It looks good and it seems to play good as well. I think there are now a lot of PS4 and Sony loyalists. That's why I understand it getting a lot of boos. But hey, this is business and Microsoft wants to get back into the game and make up for some lost ground. Anyway, this gameplay footage I saw at YouTube looked pretty good:
[video=youtube;7oXmquA7u3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXmquA7u3w[/video]

Isn't the solution to get an Xbox One? What's the big deal about exclusives if everyone is flocking to the new consoles anyway? Seems kind of stupid to boo for the fact that a game is only available on one of two consoles that are yet to be released.

No. If I want a PS4 I am not buying an Xbone just for that one game. If I dislike the stuff MS pulled recently then I am not going to get an Xbone just for this one game. If I like the PC and don't want a console... do you see where I'm going with this? Your solution is what MS is counting on, but doing stuff like this will only impress the customers they have not net them new ones.

No. If I want a PS4 I am not buying an Xbone just for that one game. If I dislike the stuff MS pulled recently then I am not going to get an Xbone just for this one game. If I like the PC and don't want a console... do you see where I'm going with this? Your solution is what MS is counting on, but doing stuff like this will only impress the customers they have not net them new ones.

Whilst I'm a strong believer in that good software sells hardware, there is no way I will spend hundreds of dollars just to play one game. But having said that , Microsoft has been attempting to fix some of their dodgy policies so I might yet be convinced to buy the Xbox One, but currently I will definitely not be pre ordering it.

I don't think that was so much of a 'we hate you, you suck Microdoft' boo as opposed to a playful ' yeah yeah, we know we're not getting it but, what the hell do we care, so we're gonna playfully boo to create a bit of an atmosphere' kinda boo.

If anything that host wight the ridiculously huge arcade stick round his neck took it a bit too seriously.

Whilst I'm a strong believer in that good software sells hardware, there is no way I will spend hundreds of dollars just to play one game. But having said that , Microsoft has been attempting to fix some of their dodgy policies so I might yet be convinced to buy the Xbox One, but currently I will definitely not be pre ordering it.

Oh sure. That's what I mean - one game is generally not going to make you invest in a whole 'nother system. The moreso if you've made your choice like I have. That said I don't believe in pre-ordering because... issues. RROD comes to mind immediately. I don't know if that will happen, but it if goes tits-up then I don't want to have just tossed my money down the nearest hole.

The people that are claiming that the booing was because it's not a multi-platform title... they were booing because the the FGC as a whole doesn't seem to really like this new KI so far. This new KI might still not be as disliked as Street Fighter X Tekken is, though, heheh.

FGC people also don't really like the Xbox or Microsoft either, of course. I mean, aren't most tournaments played on PS3 right now? Hell, tournaments on Xbox One would have been a huge pain before the DRM reversal! People were probably booing because of this, too. Sure, they reversed their DRM policies but that doesn't mean they weren't trying to enforce them before the reversal.

It's only gonna get worse for the relationship between Xbox and the FGC, too. BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, which is a pretty popular "anime" fighter, is gonna be a PS3 exclusive. If Arc System Works now becomes a Playstation-exclusive developer, it's gonna make people favor PS in the FGC. Specially if the new Guilty Gear is a PS exclusive.

Oh yeah, I also want to mention that KI will never be on PS4. At least not with how things currently are; Microsoft bought out Rare a while ago and Rare owned KI.

As mean as it sounds, I honestly thought the booing was hilarious. It's not very often that you get to see a console exclusive presentation get booed out like that. Kudos to the people brave enough to express their feelings.

Back