Xbox One Xbox One HDD info (is it worth digital purchases)

Segm3nt

I have a question and I am sure this has occurred to many of you. I havent found a post or article explaining what I am most curious about really.

I rather not hook up a external harddrive when it becomes available. I like that I can digitally purchase and download major games though, I do that through steam all the time, I have a SSD for gaming and a few interal drives dedicated to storage that I can pop out of my pc and exchange if necessary.

My point being, 500 gb is not enough if I have a gaming library on xbox one and all I want to do is digitally purchase. I have FIOS with 60/40 connection and it justs makes since to keep everything digital and clean, not having to worry about discs lying around.

How is MS addressing this? Are cloud services going to be used for storage for games we dont currently play but have paid for? If I must have an external, will MS develop a clean looking external addon for the X1?

I am worried about purchasing games and not having instant access to my whole library, that is my main concern. What if I get the itch to play an older game? Do I have to remove one I like playing now in order to re download the old one for space?

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks.

Players will be able to access their library from other consoles. "After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games."

Source ign - http://m.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Digital_Downloads_and_Installs

I would also assume it's like steam. You can delete local content off hard drive, but it's still downloadable since it's registered to your account. Game saves are on the cloud.

I imagine much like it works with the 360 you can uninstall a game and keep the game save. This should be the same locally and on the cloud. In the long run you can always upgrade to one of the many inevitable special edition consoles that will surely have a larger hdd.

While there are a lot of benefits to have everything digital, i still prefer to have a physical copy for my games. I still remember when people were saying that with this generation, pirates would be done with because games would be like 100gb each and that they would be huge.

I am planning to buy all discs unless something is a digital only download.

I can sell or trade them if I wanted, they would be faster to fully install and I like looking at the box artwork and hopefully have a manual as some of the games seem complex.

Back