Xbox One Xbox One launching November 8th? *rumor*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landshark

Website
www.youtube.com
Kotaku reports that the Xbox One very well could be releasing on November 8th, a Friday.

This is coming from a leaked Gamestop document that lists a bunch of launch dates coming up.

Not sure if I can post links yet.

Via: kotaku

Very interesting! I can't wait to see if its true. I love all the buzz and excitement around this stuff!

Ohhhh man the 8th would be amazing! I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY GAMES!!!
This will be me on opening day lol -
nintendo-64-kid-o.gif

Oh wow! Why haven't they still announced it then?

I don't know how trusworthy Gamestop can be, but if it's true then it's really weird they haven't announced it yet.

Also it's a pretty good move that they're releasing it before the PS4. They would certainly need all the one up they can do to Sony at this point of time.

I think they are confident on either day in NOv. I think the delay may be internally with the higher ups maybe?

It has to be November, they are really trying to at least release sooner than Playstation 4, which is not hard seeing how limited the release area it will be for the Xbox One, so i hope that they don't mess with this too!

Not happening:
http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-will-not-launch-on-november-8-after-all-1211069173

Yesterday, we heard from a source at a marketing company who had seen documentation pencilling the Xbox One in for a tentative, unconfirmed November 8 launch. Today, a source close to Microsoft tells us that's not the case.P

The source says to expect the console at a date later than November 8, though obviously still in the month of November, as that's the release window Microsoft has promised for some time.P

So hey, we're back to not having a release date, but at least armchair fortune-tellers can now rule out November 8 (or earlier!).

I actually really thought MS would pull this out of their hat and launch early. The fact that there is still no launch date is troubling along with the continuing rumors of yield issues. Still surprised neither MS or Sony launched early.

Not happening:
The Xbox One Will Not Launch On November 8 After All

I actually really thought MS would pull this out of their hat and launch early. The fact that there is still no launch date is troubling along with the continuing rumors of yield issues. Still surprised neither MS or Sony launched early.

That has been debunked numorus times already. As for the link, sucks if true but its a source that "expectss" it to launch later. So in simple terms. No one even know for sure, execpt the higher ups at MSFT.

i cant see it launching around black friday or the holuday im still going with first 2 weeks if the third week i think theyy are pushing it... it wont be released around a big game... nor going to happen no consumer wants that rush.. no cod/xb1/bf4 release in tandem. its jus to much.

I don't get how a printed source shows November 8th, but that's somehow 100% debunked by an anonymous source 'close to microsoft' that Kotaku reports on?

I'll admit I don't believe the november 8th date 100%, but I'd put my money on the printed paper date being closer to the truth over an anonymous source saying something different.

I mean, heck, I'm personally close to Microsoft. I've worked for Xbox Live (and still have friends working there now) and I have relatives who work at Microsoft right now. I'm literally 30 minutes away from Microsoft (and the Xbox studios) as I type this. So in Kotaku's article, what does it mean when they say, "someone close to Microsoft"?

I don't get how a printed source shows November 8th, but that's somehow 100% debunked by an anonymous source 'close to microsoft' that Kotaku reports on?

I'll admit I don't believe the november 8th date 100%, but I'd put my money on the printed paper date being closer to the truth over an anonymous source saying something different.

I mean, heck, I'm personally close to Microsoft. I've worked for Xbox Live (and still have friends working there now) and I have relatives who work at Microsoft right now. I'm literally 30 minutes away from Microsoft (and the Xbox studios) as I type this. So in Kotaku's article, what does it mean when they say, "someone close to Microsoft"?

I think for me the bit that they say "the source close to MSFT" they say they "expect" it to ship late November. So its like seeing as the "source" doesnt even know for sure. Thats what I take of it. Maybe it would be different if he just said it is instead of expecting it to.

I'm still leaning towards it being the 8th. Actually, I'm leaning towards the 5th as that is when COD comes out. How can you have an exclusive on a game, but no console to play it on? I just checked a calendar. I wouldn't be surprised if it's on November 1st and all One owners get to purchase the One version of COD early.

I'm still leaning towards it being the 8th. Actually, I'm leaning towards the 5th as that is when COD comes out. How can you have an exclusive on a game, but no console to play it on? I just checked a calendar. I wouldn't be surprised if it's on November 1st and all One owners get to purchase the One version of COD early.

Oh man that would be SICK!! People would poop their pants lol

It would definitely be a kick in the pants and lend more to Microsoft's intentions of doing something different and unique with this console. Even the 360 owners that were holding out would have to wonder about what the future would hold for games on the One.

It's not launching on November 8 after all. It's been just confirmed. It seems as though we will have to wait a bit more for release date.

The problem is it is super easy to fake this stuff. Notice how every date has a comma after the day, except the XB1 one? Funny too how the scan is a little bit fuzzy (they always are on fakes).

I'm just super skeptical of anything like this. It could even be real and be some Gamestop employee making a guess. If every Gamestop in the world knew the exact date, it would be leaking all over.

It's not launching on November 8 after all. It's been just confirmed. It seems as though we will have to wait a bit more for release date.

Can you please provide a link? I havent seen any offical word from MSFT themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back