Xbox One Xbox One Leaks Liquid?!

A "liquid" leaking out the TOP of the console?! Hmmm, I would think gravity might have something to say about that. Wouldn't it just pool in the bottom? Maybe leak out a screw hole down there? Seems they vaporized something inside the console allowing it to reach the top vent and condense there, possibly on whatever they had blocking the vent. I would be interested to see where they had the console operating. Seems like it would have to have been pretty hot for that to occur.

A "liquid" leaking out the TOP of the console?! Hmmm, I would think gravity might have something to say about that. Wouldn't it just pool in the bottom? Maybe leak out a screw hole down there? Seems they vaporized something inside the console allowing it to reach the top vent and condense there, possibly on whatever they had blocking the vent. I would be interested to see where they had the console operating. Seems like it would have to have been pretty hot for that to occur.

There might be something inside that made it leak. Like maybe a battery leak or something. It should have something to regulate it's own bios right?

Man, I hope this isn't something that will happen to everybody else. What do you guys think? Have you experienced what he experienced or is this something else?

I really hope this doesn't happen to mine. I play my Xbox One 6 - 8 hours a day. I guess I would probably play it safe by minimizing my gaming time.

Boo hoo. bad news. I just hope mine doesn't do the same thing. I've been playing this thing for weeks now and I've been so careful in using it. Hopefully this is just some prank news that someone came up with coz if it isn't well this will restrict me from playing my One for more than 8 hours a day.

I'm gonna go with the comments on the article and call shenanigans, it looks like someone dun goofed and sprayed something on it then tried to make it come (no idea how hard it was to not make the obvious joke here...) off as a hardware problem.

read this as well on gamespot web site. According to that article it was only TWO cases of someone saying that happened. The official word from Microsoft was that they had not heard of one person that called there support with this claim so they are not aware of this issue officially. 2 occurances that were not even reported to Microsoft out of millions of units...I think its safe to say that this is not an ongoing problem with most units.. if any at all....

I remember someone (who opened their X1 a bit after launch) here on the forum showed sticky melted fluid on the motherboard. I'm going to side with science on this issue and called Xbox One possessed by a demon. Call for the Doritos Pope.

I'm gonna go with the comments on the article and call shenanigans, it looks like someone dun goofed and sprayed something on it then tried to make it come (no idea how hard it was to not make the obvious joke here...) off as a hardware problem.

I'm not touching that joke...but I will quote it so no one misses it. Here, I'll bold it too...

How is it leaking when the liquid comes out on top? I believe it might be condensation mixed with something inside. Might be thermal paste or something. Never seen such phenomenon before.

How is it leaking when the liquid comes out on top? I believe it might be condensation mixed with something inside. Might be thermal paste or something. Never seen such phenomenon before.

It does makes sense if it's a thermal paste but hey isn't that too much to make it liquify on top of the console?

A phenomenon is the best way to explain it...because it's not thermal paste, it's ectoplasm.

C'mon now. White mutagen? Really? I think not.

Whatever it is seems hoaxy.

Some of the comments in the article point to hoax as well. Spray or they spilled something on it or whatever.

This is news to me, seems fake actually. If it leeked from the bottom, that would be more reasonable, but the top makes no sense. Almost as if someone spilled something on it...

Almost certain they spilled something on it and just ran with it. It's hoax season for new consoles anyway.

Yeah, while I'm inclined to believe Microsoft here because there are just not enough reports of this happening yet, I'll keep my eye on it. The problem here is where the liquid appeared, that there aren't any official complaints to Microsoft and that more people haven't come out. It's not like the PS4 thermal issue because we had proof and multiple reports. This feels like a hoax.

I say we all have a road trip to the guy's place, set up night vision cameras overnight and watch for any suspicious console activity to explain the liquid. I'm sure we all know what this really is...

...aliens. Aliens of the ancient persuasion.

I haven't heard many reports of this happening so far. What it would most likely be however is just the console heating up to the point of the thermal paste/glues melting and leaking out, probably due to that particular console being kept in bad conditions.

I say we all have a road trip to the guy's place, set up night vision cameras overnight and watch for any suspicious console activity to explain the liquid. I'm sure we all know what this really is...

...aliens. Aliens of the ancient persuasion.

Hhahahahahaha XD What the--? Then suddenly, some alien named Paul comes down to Earth and then we all find out he "peed" on the Xbox One XD Okay, joking aside, yeah, I think this might be a hoax. BUT... we gotta keep a close eye on the consoles. Sometimes, weird things can really happen.

Back