Xbox One xbox one magazine???

sc_shark

i wonder if microsoft will offer a xbox one magazine... dreamcast did it and gave demo disks and usually had some good games in it. maybe it could be a digital link to your system or something. i would subscribe to have a paperback copy if it came with goodies every oher month or what not. any thoughts??

I really do miss the demo disk, it was like christmas every month. What games would you be able to play and hype them out to release?
Still, with the beginning of the internet, even Nintendo Magazine died out, so i think they will not do such a thing again.

I don't think a magazine is necessary. Now with the digital age, paper is not essential as it was before. They can have online articles that we can subscribe to and allow us to have digital download demos. This in my opinion, would be the better way to go.

Gaming magazines are going the way of the dodo bird. Everything has been moved to the Internet. I'm not sure if there are more than 5 popular video game magazines that still publish a tangible magazine on a monthly basis. It is a shame but we all have to change with the times. I, too, would appreciate an xbox one magazine.

We already have some really amazing magazines out here. I am subscribed to a few of them. I don't think we need a Microsoft's magazine here, but it will be interesting to see s they actually come up with one.

We already have some really amazing magazines out here. I am subscribed to a few of them. I don't think we need a Microsoft's magazine here, but it will be interesting to see s they actually come up with one.

Which magazines are you subscribed to? I was under the impression that most of them died out because of the web's presence. I wouldn't mind getting a few gaming magazine subscriptions as I get tired of staring at the screens all day and night.

Which magazines are you subscribed to? I was under the impression that most of them died out because of the web's presence. I wouldn't mind getting a few gaming magazine subscriptions as I get tired of staring at the screens all day and night.

I still get Game Informer. I get it digitally, but you can opt for a physical copy instead.

In the age we currently live in, I can't understand why anyone would subscribe to a magazine. Anything you want to know is online.

I still get Game Informer. I get it digitally, but you can opt for a physical copy instead.

i get game informer as a paperback and actually like it.

i would love a demo disk tho if their was a xbox one magazine. their is an official 360 magazine iirc.. you can get it in the app store and has a subcription price. i dont have it but have run across it.

I will have to look into getting game informer in paperback. To the poster who asked why anyone would subscribe to a magazine nowadays, it is because some of us are old school and like to hold reading materials in our hands in non-electronic form. There is something special about holding a real magazine or book. I get so sick of staring into screens all day that I actually look forward to reading stuff off of screens.

I will have to look into getting game informer in paperback. To the poster who asked why anyone would subscribe to a magazine nowadays, it is because some of us are old school and like to hold reading materials in our hands in non-electronic form. There is something special about holding a real magazine or book. I get so sick of staring into screens all day that I actually look forward to reading stuff off of screens.
i am kinda with you on this. i love my paperback's i dont watch the mail or anything for them but it seems they come when i need something to do.. i get a few paperbacks.

on a side not you have to watch with stuff online and how they bill you. i used the bill me later feature a few years back(its part of paypal gives you 6 months of intrest free purchase) they never sent me a bill and i had thought it was drafting it out of my account. needless to say it was not. i got a letter saying it was being sent to collections. so i called them.. i payed it off on the spot but questioned the bill. she said well we sent you bills via email. i sent well i never got any. they had gone to my spam folder which is a mass delete weekly. so we got everything straightned out and i felt like an idiot.

Yes I agree a Magazine is totally not worth it now a days. Considering how many articles are written every day about a topic. There are probably enough articles written every day to make a magazine.

I don't find it necessary and I really doubt they'll do it but it's a nice thought. I would love it to be honest. I'm not one for subscriptions but I would do it if it was worth while.
Demo disks, reviews, and even maybe a week or so Xbox Live membership every once in a while. It'd be really nice and might bring in even more money for Microsoft.

It would be cool but they probably won't do it. Cost too much money too make a good return. I would love this though but the question is how much would you pay?

I'm thinking that a magazine wouldn't be profitable for Microsoft. People have more or less moved online to get all the offerings a magazine used to have. Demos are downloadable. Previews are abundant. And you can't really have videos in a book. There's a reason Nintendo Power was discontinued.

Found it here! So they're keeping it and just taking away the 360 part of the title it looks like.

Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine has now been officially renamed Xbox: The Official Magazine. The highly popular publication will receive a makeover for the impending release of the Xbox One to accommodate news coverage for both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles. In addition to the changed magazine name, the company has also announced an update for the publication's official website scheduled to arrive before the release of Xbox One. Fans of the magazine can pick up the newest copy featuring new Call of Duty: Ghosts content and a free 20-page Xbox One launch guide. Read on for more details.

Back