Xbox One Xbox One owners won't be able to pre-load Titanfall

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Microsoft says Titanfall's pre-load option was posted in error and it doesn't plan to allow Xbox One owners to download the game in advance of launch. A Microsoft spokesperson offered the following comment to Polygon:

"We believe in digital distribution, and are proud to give gamers a variety of ways to purchase and experience their games. However, pre-purchase and pre-download for Titanfall for Xbox One will not be available from Xbox Store. We'll continue to strike a balance between digital distribution and its benefits, while supporting physical games purchase through our retail partners."

"The pre-purchase offer page was posted in error. We apologize for any confusion."

Microsoft has since removed the page with Titanfall's pre-load details from Xbox.com.

via Polygon

I'm having a hard time understanding why Sony can allow such features with ease, but MSFT makes digital distribution so difficult. I was really hoping to be given the option to preload and still hope they will back down on these statements and simply make an official announcement allowing for a preload. Regardless of whether or not we can preload, I plan on picking it up digitally. Guess I'll just have to wait till morning to play...you know because I will be definitely taking the day off.

Wow, no pre-load? MSFT must be trying to get used to the whole digital thing or something. Or maybe there's rights to be had? I don't know.

I'm having a hard time understanding why Sony can allow such features with ease, but MSFT makes digital distribution so difficult. I was really hoping to be given the option to preload and still hope they will back down on these statements and simply make an official announcement allowing for a preload. Regardless of whether or not we can preload, I plan on picking it up digitally. Guess I'll just have to wait till morning to play...you know because I will be definitely taking the day off.

This sucks. Yeah, I agree, sony does better with things like this. I wish Microsoft can work this out soon.

I don't see anything wrong with this. The game is not for sale yet, so I would not expect to be able to download it.

i would think its more a easy way to keep people from attempting to hack/alter the script to unlock the game pre launch. if you know the game is sitting on your system and your just waiting for someone to click over on microsofts end it gives smart people the idea to go tinkering to get it early.

i am fine with it..

Same here, I'd love to pick this up on digital as well since I'm on leave for a week I can play this game as much as I want.

Wow, no pre-load? MSFT must be trying to get used to the whole digital thing or something. Or maybe there's rights to be had? I don't know.

They're probably still getting used to the transition. Well I don't know why they are having a hard time. Sony has it already.

Maybe they're just trying to get used to it, is all. Or they have some precautions to take, like what sc_shark suggests.

Well on PC preloading is an everyday occurance and on PS4 you have been able to preorder Infamous digitally for a while now.

It's way better to have this on PC. Not that I'm not into the whole Xbox One thing but I'm used to playing FPS games on PC.

It's way better to have this on PC. Not that I'm not into the whole Xbox One thing but I'm used to playing FPS games on PC.

We can now use our usb keyboards on Xbox one but yeah I agree it's way better on pc.

Back