Xbox One Xbox One Party Chat Supports 8 People

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
"At launch, up to eight people will be able to join a Party Chat at a time on Xbox One," a Microsoft spokesperson told the site. FYI, this is the same number of people the Xbox 360 will support chatting at any one time.

I'm curious to see what happens after launch. Note the Microsoft rep stated that "At launch" it will support 8 people at once. Thoughts? It sounds like they might have plans to change this down the road??

Source: IGN

Do you think they plan to make it more people? I think that if you have more than that, it may be tough to figure out who is saying what. I'm interested in figuring this out as well. Hopefully they have something planned to combat the confusion.

More often than I expected I've run into the issue where the 8 player limit has been reach on the Xbox 360. I hope they increase this to 12 or 16, especially considering next gen games are more multiplayer focused with larger numbers of players in each game compared to current gen.

I swear that on Xbox 360, the limit was also 8 people for party chat. It may have been 8, or it may have been 6, I'm not sure. However, this is actually kind of disappointing, seeing how little 8 people really is in the case of having a large clan or a whole bunch of friends from school or something. I fear that 8 people may not be enough, just like the limit on the Xbox 360 was unfortunately not enough for me and my friends.

There you go! I would say 10 would be too much for anyones own good. Going to be great for the medium sized clans too.

This is really nice, normally I would use skype when playing this way I don't need to have my computer on.

I've actually been in chats on 360 when we have more people than room. With games supporting more players on a team this gen, I sincerely hope they raise the cap for this.

I've actually been in chats on 360 when we have more people than room. With games supporting more players on a team this gen, I sincerely hope they raise the cap for this.

Agreed. LAN parties and clan chats will most likely include more than 8 people at once. If it was possible to be raised to at least 16 people, I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be content with that.

Back