Xbox One xbox one/ps4 pre orders on decline.(july5)

sc_shark

The pre-order sales for the PS4 and Xbox One next-generation systems are declining. According to a best-selling chart update by Amazon on July 5, the Xbox One Day One Edition has dropped to fifth place. Furthermore, the sales for the PS4 Standard Edition went all the way down to the 17th position. You can check out a set of screenshots from “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,” an open-world role-playing game that is being developed by both platforms, in the slideshow at the top of this article.

VIA: Examiner.com

Hype's dying down? Or has everybody who cares already pre-ordered a system?

well, i have only heard bad reviews about both so it would make sense.

amazon didnt have a reason jus that it is down a good bit ... iirc it said ps4 went from 4th to 17th on their list. and xbox one dropped to 4th... (i checked just checked.. xbox one is back up tp #3) with a + on position where ps4 is still at 17 with a negative sign on it.

i have red else where that ps4 pre orders on their slated day one release are sold out with no more guaranteed and no hard date released when they will ship.. amazon had a number avaliable and when it started droping they started bundlng game+console to get the ps4 number bakc up... again it was an article i read earler i cant say it was true or not.

the xbox one they have not bundled the system with a game and it has held in the top5 since the xbox first press release/pre order was avaliable.

on a side not i was told the day one xbox's were all pre ordered and microsoft magically was able to offer more stock within a week of the pre order... now we are looking at the europe release date and japan dates being held off or no given hard dates of release till after jan14th... which leads me to think they are pushing the us market hard. and that is where they go the extra systems.

...For one the Examiner is trash. And secondly, the Amazon list only reflects past hour sales. So of course this would go down as preorders go on.

People need to stop using Amazon top lists as indicators for anything.

Not that surprising, there are three groups of people. Those who pre-order, those who buy it on release date, and those who wait a few years until the price drops down. I'm personally going to wait until the price drops for the Xbox One, and probably going to order the PS4 on release date.

Its summer time and people are on vacation. I know that my own cash flow suffers when the temperature outside is warmer. I don't want to be stuck in doors! I want to be on a jet-ski somewhere and renting those isn't cheap. I like to travel as well. For these reasons it makes me think that there are portions of the market that aren't going to put their money into consoles as much as they will when winter comes around. Also, there are a lot of people probably waiting for special incentives for preordering their console, so it might pick back up when those come along as well.

...For one the Examiner is trash. And secondly, the Amazon list only reflects past hour sales. So of course this would go down as preorders go on.

People need to stop using Amazon top lists as indicators for anything.

all the examiner did was pull the numbers off amazon.

as far as amazon bring a poor source for numbers... they are a sales/marketing giant... they crunch more numbers than proably anyone else... your statment indicates they are tracking sales by the hour... even if that is not the case.. the systems have been on market/pre order for 29 days now... xb1 is at 4 ps4 is at 17... thats a big gap..

One of the major reasons for sales dropping is probably just the hype going down. Most people already pre-ordered if they plan to.
On another side of things, a lot of people wait for prices to drop or until they just come out.
There's no reason to pre-order something if you think you might change your mind on which console you want.

I don't really see this to be an issue, largely in part of the fact that the systems will not be released for four months, and chances are the hardcore fans of the respective systems have already preordered them. I believe they've been available for some time already. Both Sony and Microsoft are still in the marketing phase after their reveals, so you can certainly expect their positions to fluctuate like this. There are also those who are saving up for one and holding off on preordering until they have these funds, so you'll see them raise and lower from time to time. They'll hit their peaks on sales after the date of release, though, as all the impulsive buyers will get excited once they see the reviews and all that.

Back