Xbox One Xbox One will support CD playback, but.....

spleendingo

From
Michigan
The Xbox One will support CD playback, but will not support MP3 playback or "ripping". It will, however, be able to play streaming music from certain devices. The following link provides all the details

Do you think this is just to sell their unlimited music service, or a response to the PS4 news that they won't have these capabilities?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/1/50...lna-compatibility-audio-cd-playback-microsoft

Kinda a bummer since I'd like the functionality to hook my ipod touch up to the One and stream my playlist from it.

J

I'm disappointed that it doesn't have functionality for iPods, which I have one of, and with a ton of music on it. Sounds to me like they are just using this as a way to push their own subscription-based streaming music service. I mean, who still uses CDs these days?!

I am also a little disappointed. I want my custom soundtracks, and it would be nice if I could play them from my PC instead of the PlayTo feature. Or if we could do it from Smartglass if your music is stored on that device.

It's such bull**** that both PS4 and X1 have taken away features that were included in the previous consoles. Urgh.

I think even bigger news that they will support DLNA. Very odd move for Sony to drop support for that. So even though it will not have direct support for MP3 playback you will technically be able to play them via streaming. So things like Tversity or Windows native streaming should work great.

Didn't the guys at Sony already confirmed that they will take the feedback they received from the removed support of those things? I still think all of this is a scam where they already have everything okay, say that they don't have, people complain, they say they changed it, everyone gets happy and praised them to be the second coming of christ.

Back