Xbox One Xbox One Won't Come with Headset

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Today, Turtle Beach announced that they will be making headsets for the Xbox One, but they also announced another new fact about the Xbox One console. It won't come with an actual headset. The new default headset is now the Kinect.

This is significant in a couple of ways. One, we’ve received confirmation from Microsoft that the company will not be packing in a Communicator headset in with the Xbox One, as it did with the Xbox 360 (this is presumably because the unit comes with a next-generation Kinect sensor bar in the box). So, any Xbox One owners who want a headset for online multiplayer will have to be out shopping for an aftermarket headset -- making this a potentially much more lucrative market for Turtle Beach than the 360 was.

So, save up some more money if your going to want an actual headset. Turtle Beach headsets average around $60 and up for a decent headset with today's Xbox 360. I'm going to be broke!

(I don't know why someone edited it and put gameinformer. I got this from the Turtle Beach Press Release that is sent to my email.)

Update -

Its rumored that Microsoft will allow Bluetooth headsets, like pictured below to work with the new console. Whether Xbox 360 Bluetooth headsets will work with Xbox One or not is unknown at this time.

xbox-360-bluetooth-headset.jpg

I think that's a shame, it's just Microsofts typical approach at getting more money out of people though, so I'm not that all surprised.

Well, hey, that's probably why Microsoft lowered their price on the xbox One.
On the other hand, this is actually good news because Turtle Beaches aren't that great. Other headphones are better, and I'm, glad I could use the money to buy something else.

Well, hey, that's probably why Microsoft lowered their price on the xbox One.
On the other hand, this is actually good news because Turtle Beaches aren't that great. Other headphones are better, and I'm, glad I could use the money to buy something else.

I have to disagree. I have Turtle Beach headset and its by far better than TRITON. Never had an Astro, but apart from those, there's nothing else available that is designed for gaming that's good. It all depends on the model you get I guess.

I can't speak for other brands, but I've got no queries about my Turtle Beach headset - I think they're great.

I guess it's good that the default headset will be of good quality, bad that there's no cheap alternative - even worse that they think Kinect will substitute as a headset for those who can't afford it.
It's not the idea of talking to Kinect that bugs me, but that the voice of my friends will have to therefore come through my speakers, interrupting the game sound.

Someone else pointed out on another site I posted this on and they stated that during a video somewhere they used the Bluetooth Microsoft Headset. I'm not positive what this headset is, but I'm pretty sure its something like this one and it will probably be available separately from the console bundle.

xbox-360-bluetooth-headset.jpg

Well, doesn't the Xbox One already forces Kinect down our throats, why not just use that thing?
But seeing that we are speaking about Microsoft here, i would guess that they need an excuse to get more money out of their costumers.

Well, doesn't the Xbox One already forces Kinect down our throats, why not just use that thing?
But seeing that we are speaking about Microsoft here, i would guess that they need an excuse to get more money out of their costumers.

I don't see how they are getting more money when these are 3rd party headset makers. And if you've ever been on a game and heard someone use a Kinect to chat online, its annoying voice quality. Plus, people like using headsets on games like Call of Duty.

I have to disagree. I have Turtle Beach headset and its by far better than TRITON. Never had an Astro, but apart from those, there's nothing else available that is designed for gaming that's good. It all depends on the model you get I guess.

Well yeah, they're okay compared to other gaming headphones, but not better than the non-gaming ones. I would suggest looking into beyerdynamics. Even though they are advertised as a music headphone, I can tell you that it's not. The sound quality of it is very good, and a lot better than my turtle beaches.

Seems like an odd choice not to just put in a a decent headset that is compatable. I could think of a lot of times it could come in handy, like when people are sleeping and you can't talk too loud to your tv. Also, I have heard great thing about turtle beach. I don't know, maybe this won't be too bad.

Well if the kinect allows voice control and activation you don't really need a headset do you? My tv has sound so I can hear other players talking anyway and if I want it had a headphone jack so I can plug headphones in (very rarely to never).
What would you rather have, a free kinect or a free headset? I'd go with a kinect, much higher resale value than a headset.

Well if the kinect allows voice control and activation you don't really need a headset do you? My tv has sound so I can hear other players talking anyway and if I want it had a headphone jack so I can plug headphones in (very rarely to never).
What would you rather have, a free kinect or a free headset? I'd go with a kinect, much higher resale value than a headset.

Right now, I don't even have a Kinect. I use a headset because you can hear better with it when playing games, plus you don't have to worry about waking up anyone else in the house with the TV blasting.

I don't even use my headset much, but I guess with the lowered price on the console, we'll just end up spending that extra money on a headset and whatever else they're gonna force us to buy. Bluetooth is kinda lame though, I definitely wouldn't use that even if it came with the One.

It's a shame that it won't come with a headset, but they usually have some pretty good bundles around release time, I'm hoping something with a headset, 2 controllers and a popular title is available and well hopefully it's not drastically overpriced.

It's a shame that it won't come with a headset, but they usually have some pretty good bundles around release time, I'm hoping something with a headset, 2 controllers and a popular title is available and well hopefully it's not drastically overpriced.

Yeah that would be nice actually, you know based on the fact it isn't coming with something it should. I still have hope they might add it to the console before release, though, if enough people make a stink about it.

This news doesn't bother me too much as I have already stumped out cash for a set of Astros with the Mix amp.
I really only use them for late night playing so as not to wake any of the kids up.
I really wouldn't want the chat coming through the TV as I think that would really do my head in it would sound to cluttered.

I've also heard that current headsets won't work with the Xbone, which would probably be terrible. Don't know if it was confirmed or denied, though. Or if it's like the used game fee and everybody reported something different about the same issue, heheheh.

I've also heard that current headsets won't work with the Xbone, which would probably be terrible. Don't know if it was confirmed or denied, though. Or if it's like the used game fee and everybody reported something different about the same issue, heheheh.

Some are USB wireless. However, the wireless Turtle Beach I have has a cord from the headset to the controller. Hopefully they make an adapter to buy and update it with, but they probably won't do that.

I think if people can invest the amount of money into a new generation system, money shouldn't be a contributing factor to gamers if they want the option. This also poses as a positive for control some mic activity for younger gamers, thus creating a naturally more mature community.

I think if people can invest the amount of money into a new generation system, money shouldn't be a contributing factor to gamers if they want the option. This also poses as a positive for control some mic activity for younger gamers, thus creating a naturally more mature community.

After you buy the console, all the games you want at launch, Xbox LIVE (Unless it transfers over) and a new headset. Your looking at around $1000 if you plan on getting at least 4 games. Money is always a contributing factor to gamer's.

Back