Xbox One Xbox One's most interesting rumor

Murray

From
Midwest US
What is everyone's thoughts on the ability for the Kinect to detect how many people are in the room so that all licensing is followed when using Netflix. This is a super rumor, I read the likes on reddit and one of my buddies was talking about it when we were hanging out on the fourth. I kind of think its far fetched that Microsoft will let the Kinect do that, but in the day and age where we have weird things happening such as all the NSA stuff nothing is impossible.

Does anyone actually use their Kinect that they have all that much? Fruit ninja is a good party game and so is Kinect adventures somewhat, but I haven't found an overly great use for it. I like to yell orders at it, but I think I could live without it.

the new kinect 2.0 can detect how many people are watching and the order in which you are holding your controlers...

their have been allot of rumor/speculation about netflix and such... i dont think netflix really cares... why would it matter how many people are watching a movie at your place? if you rent a netflix dvd and can fit 50 people in your living room their is no consaquence and deff not any legal action that anyone can take. your not copy's or distributing the video.. you legally rented it..

its not a live broadcast or a pay per view event( think ufc) where the price for home watch and business is very diffrent... if their is seating in a business for 200 ufc can chage a rate based on 200 capacity... with home rental its not the case.. and again its not a ppv event...

the rumor has been around a while tho yes.. ever since the privacy stuff has poped up on kinect it has been a stir.. all i can say about it is this.. your filmed/pictures and general are recored an extimated 60 time a day on the low end.... its not something new or crazy its the reality we live in.. if you have a smart phone your being tracked.. your pictures are located the peopleyour with via pictures are located and reconized.. everythnig you post on fb... evrything you serch for while on fb is tracked.. anyhing you type of your computer while on social networking is tracked.
the new kinect is the least of the worry in the big picture... we just dont think or take into account how watched over we are.

Considering they have said you can completely turn off the Kinect doesn't this make this a moot rumor at this point? Obviously, it could be up the Netflix to require the Kinect so it could do the check but then Netflix would be the one getting the nasty backlash so I doubt they'd do it.

its not a live broadcast or a pay per view event( think ufc) where the price for home watch and business is very diffrent... if their is seating in a business for 200 ufc can chage a rate based on 200 capacity... with home rental its not the case.. and again its not a ppv event...

I think that is where some things are headed, though. For example, I was reading a news article that stated movie distributors are toying with the idea of allowing PPV movies of current in-theater releases. If that comes to fruition, I could see something like this happening.

They already offer ppv watching of movies it is the theater. They get pirated easily their can u imagine if it was on the net streaming. It would be hacked or 3rd party ripped in minutes of launch.

I've herd rumors of Netflix and kinect charging different rates based on how many people are in living room... I personally think it would kill the company if they wanted 40 dollars because u have 4 family members they better have new releases to stream the day they hit Walmart or redbox. It's bad enough their content is ehhh and only gets updated quarterly or if a contract is agreed on or lost. 10bux for ehh programming is ok. Past that i better get good recent movies and regularly

Better Kinect features would be cool, of course, so long as they're optional. I don't really want to own anything that's always on unless it's a life support machine or something.

I think it would be more beneficial to use the Kinect technology to explore other experiences outside of gaming and strange home uses. Just think if you could video conference with your Kinect? You could train doctors or auto technicians using Kinect compatible software. That kind of stuff would be really cool. I'm sure that actual programmers have thought about that and are working on cool things, but I know that when you do stuff like that, you have to deal with the idea that someone can use the Kinect to do some really "big brotherish" things.

That's such a weird, unimportant thing for them to spend any time programming. Why, Microsoft?

I have always believed that behind every rumor their is a twisted truth in it. Lets face it, at times these huge corporations spread rumors so as to taste the waters and see how the general population reacts to what they are planing on doing in the future. So yes, it could be a rumor but sooner or later, it;s going to be a general requirement for everyone only time will tell.

Back