Xbox One Xbox video picture only, very pixelated

FLATLINE_BREAKS

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum. Looking forward to engaging in the threads! Now, on to the topic.

My Xbox One about 6 months ago started having issues with the video display. It only is an issue when it comes to videos. Netflix, YouTube, DVD/BluRay, and the green Xbox start up screen, all affected! Games and any kind of cut scene or video within the game is fine!

I was chatting with Microsoft support for approximately 3 hours describing this problem and attempting fixes. Their suggested fixes were factory resetting the console and try hooking it up to other tv's with different HDMI cable.

I did everything and it didn't fix the issue. They basically told me they've never seen or heard of the issue I was explaining. They even request that I send pictures of the problem, which I did.

This is not an attempt to boost my YouTube channel but I made a video of the problem because I literally cannot find any other issues like mine via googling or through YouTube. Please take a look and let me know if anyone else here has had this problem, knows what the problem is, or hopefully knows how to fix the problem!

Thanks everyone for any help and/or advice on this situation.

So, if I understand correctly, at first it was working normally then all of a sudden it started doing this?

I don't want to be the bringer of bad news but if Microsoft's own staff had no idea how to fix this, I really doubt any of us will :( most likely something is wrong on the inside of your Xbox. You already tried switching HDMI's which I wanted to suggest... It's obviously a fault with the Xbox and not TV or the cables since you switched those.

Is it still under warranty? if so I'd ship it back.

I'm sorry for your problems!

I pretty much agree with @Algera, at this point, it seems that the most logical issue is defective hardware within your Xbox console itself.

If you're under warranty, you should be sorted. Unfortunately, if not, the best suggestion I can give you is to sell it to a second-hand shop and match the money for a new one.

Back