Xbox 360 (xbox360) time warner cable app.

sc_shark

the app is finally hear. its the time warner cable for xbox 360 app.. its on the dashboard right now.

its setup similar to the netflix and more on the lines of amazon prime layout. you can watch live tv channels that are avaliable to you. 300+iirc

the nice thing with this is i dont have a digital cable box in my bedroom so this basically turns my 360 into my tv/digital cable box. you would need to authenticate this just like you do amazon prime. log in with your info or what not.

i don't know if it will work this way but i love the idea of watching big bang theory, and various tv shows where i can miss it but still see it. and it would keep track of the shows i watch regularly and make it easier to jump in and out of them. this may be a pre cursor to how the tv system on xbox one and tmc app may be on next gen.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/169...-the-microsoft-comcast-way?source=google_news

[video=youtube;EZJtP84Qen0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJtP84Qen0[/video]

I like that! I don't have time Warner, I have wave cable currently, but I think that's a clever idea and if I could, I would use it!

I wonder if just having TWC internet is enough for this? You probably have to have the cable portion of it. Not that I'm going back to TWC, but I do agree that it's handy and it's becoming clear with all of these partnerships, that Microsoft is truly aiming to be the only box in your living room. I wonder how TWC will charge for this.

That's really neat. Would save a few bucks a month in lease fees for the cable boxes. My only issue would be getting local sports content (they put local hockey games on a special channel which may not be online)

A bit too specific for a app, no? I think for stuff like that, you can have Netflix and still have a better service.

But, some people still enjoy network TV and this is just providing another way to watch it. Those cable boxes add up in cost and unlike yesteryear, everyone has a TV in their own room and want to watch something different. I still expect the cable companies to add at least half the fee of a cable box to the people that want to use this app.

Back