Xbox One xbx one kinect+advertising errr

sc_shark

this was bound to happen.... errr...

The strategy goes hand-in-hand with Microsoft’s ‘Nuads’ campaign, which resulted in adverts that housed interactive polls, as a way of making users feel like they were participating in adverts, rather than absorbing them passively.

The Microsoft employee added that Nuads, “transform passive TV advertising into something interactive, immersive, and actionable, redefining the relationship between consumers and brands with amazing new advertising opportunities”.

While this might all sound intrusive and that Kinect is spying on users to sell them products, one of the Microsoft employees stressed that the company does not want the technology and its customers to be abused. However, the volume of data captured by Microsoft and advertisers via Kinect is said to be significantly lower than the information recorded by game developers.

Via: VG247

I guess the Xbox One's dashboard will be flooded with ads just like the 360's? It sucks balls. You'd guess that if you're paying $60 a year to play online they would at least make it ad-free...

This opens up a new age of advertising in general. It doesn't mean that the Xbox One will be flooded with advertisements. This could mean things such as the Advertisements that cable companies provide through the cable service will recognize an Xbox One console being streamed on and will offer new kinds of advertising by interacting with you as a viewer. If you've ever tuned into any Xbox streams that they host for popular events, for example ESPN or the Presidential Elections. They had the options for you to vote with your controller who you thinks going to win, and gave you multiple choices to answer select questions. While that's just an idea how things can work, it can be even farther than that with the technology of the kinect.

this is talks about it being smart advertising where its not cluttered and dosnt interfier with whats going on.. should be intresting... i dont mind it so much if i can lok past it and its not really doing anything to halt gaming or tv ect ect... we have advertising on iphone(apps) tv had advertising with comercials and such.. ive been told psn network has advertising bu ive never been on it so i cant chime inthat far.

Ugh, was not looking forward to this. Microsoft is acting like ads don't affect anyone at all, and how they can freely put ads anywhere they want. I'm paying for games, Xbox Live, and the console itself, and I'm compensated with a bunch of ads in my face? Too bad there's no adblocker for Xbox ads.

One thing comes to my mind: Why? Why would they do this when everyone is on the fense with Xbox as it is. Releasing this information now is not working so great for them.

One thing comes to my mind: Why? Why would they do this when everyone is on the fense with Xbox as it is. Releasing this information now is not working so great for them.

psn network has advertising.... tv,smart phones, web browing.. its in your face all day every day with pretty much every thing you/we do... heck xb360 has t now on live.. on my dasboard their is a slim jim add that runs from time to time... does it affect me or do i even notice it.. barley... proably same deal.. if ur in movie section u may get the new release stuff in a window that plays.. new music same deal.. it just tailers it to what u generally watch or listen to..

say u don watch scary movies but ur on netflix watching comedy stuff all the time.. it may show u an add for a new comedy special comming out... if u listen to rap or country,rock alternative it will show u an artist that is having a rlease that week..... its stuff that is already their on 360 you just dont realize it or pay attention to it.

psn network has advertising.... tv,smart phones, web browing.. its in your face all day every day with pretty much every thing you/we do... heck xb360 has t now on live.. on my dasboard their is a slim jim add that runs from time to time... does it affect me or do i even notice it.. barley... proably same deal.. if ur in movie section u may get the new release stuff in a window that plays.. new music same deal.. it just tailers it to what u generally watch or listen to..

say u don watch scary movies but ur on netflix watching comedy stuff all the time.. it may show u an add for a new comedy special comming out... if u listen to rap or country,rock alternative it will show u an artist that is having a rlease that week..... its stuff that is already their on 360 you just dont realize it or pay attention to it.

No I realize it, but I'm just saying everyone is worried about invasion of privacy as is, what with Snowden. I think Xbox has done many good things by undoing some features of the Xbox One that the public didn't like but this just seems like a step in the wrong direction tbh.

Back