Xbox One y to the yes... dragon ball z comming to xb1..

sc_shark

http://www.gamezone.com/previews/20...e-preview-go-super-saiyan-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

Dragon_Ball_Xenoverse_-_E3_2014_-_1.jpg

Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with Dragon Ball Xenoverse, which should mean nothing but exciting news for fans.

yes... i like the idea.

Battle of Z left a horrible aftertaste in my mouth and I thought that I'd never play a DBZ game ever again. However, this game has piqued my interest. I know that Dimps has returned to develop the game. Dimps mechanics with the Tenkaichi perspective is going to rock! Let's hope the story delivers.

The DBZ game trend always seems rather odd to me. The series ended, including its sequels, a long time ago. I just don't get how they manage to mak enough money to make this worthwhile.

dbz has a cult following... the games does not really need to follow the comic/tv/movie for it to exist or make a profit... in fact id rather a solid gameplay and possibly multiplayer aspect.. maybe make a few of the abilities a bit more of a reality in game.. maybe get the power eye thing worked out... polish the game/gameplay and get the graphics/cgi on par with next gen.

personally i would love to see the characters built on a tekken style game.. could still have power balls beams and crazy throws with a decent size open world+enviromental damage..

The DBZ game trend always seems rather odd to me. The series ended, including its sequels, a long time ago. I just don't get how they manage to mak enough money to make this worthwhile.

DB as a whole have way too many fans(including me) that don't mind the number of games being released. Actually, it's because of the games that Dragon Ball is getting revitalized, I heard that Akira Toriyama is considering continuing the series after the Battle of Gods movies end. Anyway, the games aren't tied to canonical stuff so new stuff can be included to make each game feels new.

I tried getting into the older DBZ games but I didn't like them that much. Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of fighting games. If they did a next-gen RPG based on the Dragon Ball universe, that I'd dig. Until then, I'll just re watch the anime :eek:

DB as a whole have way too many fans(including me) that don't mind the number of games being released. Actually, it's because of the games that Dragon Ball is getting revitalized, I heard that Akira Toriyama is considering continuing the series after the Battle of Gods movies end. Anyway, the games aren't tied to canonical stuff so new stuff can be included to make each game feels new.
Nono, I get that each game feels new etc. I just find it kind of odd that they're still putting them out,and making enough money off of them to warrant making more.

I must be a simple minded gamer because whenever a Dragon Ball Z game would get released and I happened to end up getting it I would always enjoy my experience, I think it all depends on which game you play because I remember playing this very bad one on the Xbox 360 as a demo and glad I was having second thoughts on why I should not get it. The best Dragon Ball Z game I have ever played was the one that was released on the GameCube because of how they made it and I would love to see another game devolved in that style and the same concept. I am not too big of a fan when it comes to fighting games but it always depends on the story and how good it is and after watching this trailer I would defiantly buy this game when it got cheaper than the usual 60$.

Aw yiss. Looking forward to this. Not sure if it's gonna be any good though, I just have fond memories from ten years ago. We used to sit around five people in one room and just play Tenkaiichi on the PS2. Good times.

I'm actually incredibly excited for this now. The graphics look great, and the combat sounds pretty sold. Too many DBZ games have had broken combat and camera angles that just didn't work. I'm hoping this game breaks the mold and becomes something worth playing for more than a few days. I remember one of the recent games where you couldn't even find someone online to play against even though the game was brand new at the time.

I'm actually watching through DBZ Kai right now, so I'm unusually pumped for this game, can't wait for it to come out!
The last Dragon Ball game I played was Legends on the Sega Saturn I think

The best DBZ games are the ones that were on the Playstation 2, namely the Budokai series. However, none of them ever truly captured the magic of the actual anime, and that's a shame. If this game does that, then it will be absolutely incredible.

DBZ games are always fun. I'm excited.

I wouldn't go that far. Ultimate Tenkaichi was absolutely terrible. That game was so repetitive, and the online matches were so poor in quality that the game was nearly unplayable. The story was dumbed down and plenty of things were left out. Overall not a very strong game for any franchise, even if you had made it a standalone fighting game with a different skin. It was too simple and boring, too.

Since this will be the first game this gen, it's hard not to get excited for this. I hope we can get more info soon, the handful of gameplay vids do look quite promising though. The story is what I look forward to the most even though it's been done a lot.

Since this will be the first game this gen, it's hard not to get excited for this. I hope we can get more info soon, the handful of gameplay vids do look quite promising though. The story is what I look forward to the most even though it's been done a lot.

I don't think there's too much they can do with the story, maybe gather everyone up into a tournament would be the best choice...
But the biggest advantage of the game needs to be the gameplay, you need to be able to pull off incredible moves with ease while at the same time making the ultra powerful moves hard to do so you can't just spam them.

According to most outlets, DB Xenoverse is going to feature its own story with a possible focal point being the DBZ Multiverse brought about by the Battle of Gods film that came out recently. You don't have to worry about a boring or rehashed story because Xenoverse could feature elements that are reportedly going into a continuation of the series' manga. I don't know how true those rumors are, but I think it's a guarantee that the next gen DBZ game features its own story that hasn't been seen before in the series.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/31040/20140730/dragon-ball-xenoverse-release-date.htm

I have a few buddies that are really crazy about DB and I was really trying to see if I would like the game and don't matter how much I tried I just could not get myself to like the game. Something about it was just a bit boring an repetitive to me and that is what I think really killed the whole game experience for me.

I don't think there's too much they can do with the story, maybe gather everyone up into a tournament would be the best choice...
But the biggest advantage of the game needs to be the gameplay, you need to be able to pull off incredible moves with ease while at the same time making the ultra powerful moves hard to do so you can't just spam them.

Well, for one we know that the story is going to be different this time. From some of the screenshots released we found out that there is going to be a new mysterious character. It's been said that this is an all new character made for this game that is going to play a part in the story mode. Sounds like a huge what-if type scenario to the storyline we already know. Very interesting indeed, but all in all it's the gameplay that counts. I don't want another Battle of Z or Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Well, for one we know that the story is going to be different this time. From some of the screenshots released we found out that there is going to be a new mysterious character. It's been said that this is an all new character made for this game that is going to play a part in the story mode. Sounds like a huge what-if type scenario to the storyline we already know. Very interesting indeed, but all in all it's the gameplay that counts. I don't want another Battle of Z or Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Sounds interesting, I guess a what-if scenario is really the only place they can take the storyline, maybe go into a huge alternative timeline.
I'm all for new characters too, surely there are some planets in that universe where they could develop another narrative, I love the classic ones but we already know them all so well.

Back