Xbox One You can earn achievements from the same game on Xbox One and 360

ozadin

This was originally confirmed on a Q&A with IGN which can be found here. I thought this was pretty interesting since people who are aiming for the 1,000,000 gamerscore, cough cough, Stallion83, cough would continue to earn more and more gamerscore. If he didn't reach the 1 million mark by the time the Xbox One came out, he can continue going on until the 2 million mark. I'm sure this gets rid of all the worries if Stallion had any, and opens much more opportunities for him. Pretty good addition as well.

"Every game has its own set of achievements, so if you're playing Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360 and on Xbox One, you can earn a separate set of Gamerscore in each game," he said.

Via Eurogamer

This is expected. I think this works the same way with Sony's systems when it comes to games that are released on both PS3 and PSVita.

Seriously, why do people care about their gamerscore? It doesn't give you anything does it? But whatever the case, some people just enjoy collecting them so they will probably be happy, but people like me just do not care and it doesn't really convince me to get an Xbox One.

Seriously, why do people care about their gamerscore? It doesn't give you anything does it? But whatever the case, some people just enjoy collecting them so they will probably be happy, but people like me just do not care and it doesn't really convince me to get an Xbox One.

Why do people care about collecting useless stuff? Not everything is about monetary value.
Maybe they want to compete with other people around the world to see who has got the most, maybe they just want to share their tastes so that people can see how much time they spent with the game, to the point of getting all the objectives. It's not something for everyone, just like a lot of the things that exist.

I guess this is good for people who enjoy collecting achievements though I personally find that practice tedious and a ridiculous waste of time. Think of all the games and experiences you could have had while grinding these. It just seems absurd and is a complete abuse on the human psyche due to the one's psychological tendency to complete anything that looks incomplete.

Well one thing for sure is that Stallion is gaining a lot of publicity. If you do not know yet, he is on the point to reaching 1 million gamerscore which is a pretty huge milestone. I'm sure he has convinced some people to buy the Xbox 360, and help Microsoft out. As a compensation, I expect Microsoft to be gifting him something in return once he reaches 1 million gamerscore. Why do people want high scores in general? So they can show off and be noticed for their achievements.

Yeah, like others in the thread have said, this was pretty much expected as not only does Sony do the same thing with their systems, Microsoft does it as well with the 360 and Windows. Still, I guess it is nice to have an official confirmation on the subject. At the end of the day however, I'm certain this feature won't be beneficial to me as I usually only buy games for only one system. I'm sure other gamers will like this though.

I have always been an achievement hunter since I first got my Xbox 360. At first I just thought it was cool to collect them but now it prompts me to fully explore everything in the game. There are so many weird things in games I wouldn't even think of doing if it weren't for achievements. I'm glad I enjoy collecting achievements because it can make the amount of time I get out of one game go from 10 hours to 20 hours. They definitely aren't for everyone but I think they are now an important part of gaming for me.

I know it may look like I'm an achievement hunter if you look at my profile, and while I do enjoying scoring them when I can, I assure you I don't stress for completion. I certainly don't grind for points or go for games with easy achievements to pump up my imaginary online ego. Here's my mentality: As an RPG-centric player, I treat achievements like sidequests in a meta sense. I don't HAVE to play the game in that way or obtain that useless collection item, but that's why its an optional sidequest. The self-satisfaction is usually its own reward.

I certainly don't tie the size of my self-image to my gamerscore like some people however.

It gives you a goal. It shows how well you play to earn the achievements. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Mine is still rather small but I am still very proud of it. No matter what you are doing in life even if it is playing videogames, you should have personal pride in what you do and succeed at.

I just like how achievements give you a little something more to do in a game if you're into it. I don't always bother with them, or care much about my overall gamer score or whatever, but if there's a game I've beaten and I want more to do, they're great for that. Especially when they're done right, they can be pretty fun and challenging sometimes. And since they're optional, they're basically just added value to a game. I particularly like when they have some sort of reward tied to them, the example of earning an exclusive mount in Warcraft for completing achievements comes to mind. I wasn't quite as compelled by earning gamer pics or avatar clothes on the Xbox 360 but hey, I guess it's better than nothing.

Back