Xbox 360 You ever get the urge to just shoot something with lightning?

Forerunner

Happens to me all the time. PowerUp Heroes is probably my favorite game for the Kinect. Well, that and Fruit Ninja, but that's another topic. Anyway... As far as Kinect games go... I'm not gonna lie. Most of them are fairly mediocre. Cheap minigames with tacked on motion controls, or crappy voice commands. PowerUp heroes is one that does it right in my eyes. It's by no means perfect, but if more games follow the pattern that PuH takes, then fighting games on Kinect could be an astounding new genre. It plays a bit more like a strategy game rather than a button mashing fighter, trying to calculate each of your opponents moves and attacking when you see an opening. The motion controls work really well too. It's not perfect, mind you, but I've never had too many issues with it registering my movements. My main gripe with this is also my favorite part. You get to use your own avatar in the fights, but when you play it split screen... player 2 can only use a generic avatar instead of their own. That doesn't make any sense, but eh. It's dirt cheap at this point, so if you have a kinect I definitely give this game a shot.

Back