Xbox One Your Free Games with Gold for January are...

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Microsoft has announced January 2014's set of free games for Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox 360.

Starting Wednesday, January 1, Square Enix's open-world action game Sleeping Dogs (normally $20) will be free. Then from January 16-31, subscribers can download Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (normally $15) for free.

Source: GameSpot

Finally a decent offering from Microsoft; granted these games have been on the market for a long time now, it is still a better offering than previous free games. By comparison Sony is offering way better games in the form of Bioshock Infinite, DMC, and Brothers...but beggars cant be choosers. I do strongly encourage everyone to give Sleeping Dogs a try since it is one of my favorite games of the last generation and was unfortunately overlooked by most people, despite it getting good reviews.

yup hurray for getting a game that PS+ members got like 6 months ago, haha all jokes aside though it's nice to see a newish mainstream game on GwG. Plus lara is always accepted :p

I have Gold but I never got to download any of the free games offered on Live. Each time I try to download a game, I'll get this "This download is not supported in your region." notice. Is Gold free games not applicable in Asian cuontries?

I'm a big PS+ subscriber so this feels like old news to me. I've already got Sleeping Dogs since last September on PS3. But still, it's nice for anybody with a 360 to get this game. It's nice. It may not be much of a GTA game but it's fun to go rampant in the world of virtual Hong Kong. So get it guys! It's nice.

yup hurray for getting a game that PS+ members got like 6 months ago, haha all jokes aside though it's nice to see a newish mainstream game on GwG. Plus lara is always accepted :p

It's cool. I got PS+ so I'm enjoying it but hey, nice the Xbox crowd gets these two games. The lara croft game, never got but Sleeping Dogs though is something I'm gonna suggest you guys got, if haven't already.

I have Gold but I never got to download any of the free games offered on Live. Each time I try to download a game, I'll get this "This download is not supported in your region." notice. Is Gold free games not applicable in Asian cuontries?

hmm, maybe it has to do with the games themselves like are they on a ban list for you're country? to my knowledge the digital downloads aren't region locked but I may be wrong.

Nice! Fewer games to offer than the PS+ but it's nice that the 360 crowd can get into this too. Sleeping Dogs is a game that's good to waste time with if you're bored with exploring USA towns. Not exactly as big as Liberty City or Los Santos but it's fun nevertheless. I like jumping from car to car and skidding left, right and forward XD

The list isn't that bad, but Gold has a long way to go before it gets as good as PS Plus. The service could learn a lot from Sony when it comes to offerings and dates. Though I'm glad to see some more games coming. Sleeping Dogs is fun, and if you haven't played it then it's a good time waster. I'm hoping that Microsoft really rachets things up though.

Games with Golf may be a North American only offer? I'm not sure.

Games with GOLF? Yup only an American offer XD Joking aside, that might be right. Unless there were server problems. But with that region mention, yes, that could be the games are only in America. So sorry man, seems you can't get the game.

I hope GwG picks up steam and can properly compete with PS+. Competition isn't a bad thing, anyway, it would be forcing both Microsoft and Sony to provide better games with their respective services!

To be honest, I have found the GwG games so far to be rather lacking but by comparison it's been much better than PS+ was when it started out.

The Games With Gold stuff have been lacking umph. There are a few titles worth picking up, but not many compared to PS+.

...then again, I reckon you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. It's not like you have to get the games or anything. I don't know.

Yeah, Ps+ has been better with their offers but this is an okay start for Gold. Hopefully we see them step it up in the future. I'm not interested in these offerings, and again Microsoft has to do better in order to compete with how good Sony's service is but I'm willing to give them some time to really get their stuff together.

Games with GOLF? Yup only an American offer XD Joking aside, that might be right. Unless there were server problems. But with that region mention, yes, that could be the games are only in America. So sorry man, seems you can't get the game.

I can download the gwg games and i live in Australia, i dont think its North America only.

hmm, maybe it has to do with the games themselves like are they on a ban list for you're country? to my knowledge the digital downloads aren't region locked but I may be wrong.
Nope, none of the games offered are banned as they have Asian versions on sale. The game offers pop up on my Asian account dashboard but they're not available for download. What a great way to tease me.

I really Hope the Xbox games for gold start getting better, PS+ is showing how it should be done not how they are doing it. I am hoping it comes to Xbox One soon as well.
But i am betting their waiting for the indie games to come and start using them.

I really Hope the Xbox games for gold start getting better, PS+ is showing how it should be done not how they are doing it. I am hoping it comes to Xbox One soon as well.
But i am betting their waiting for the indie games to come and start using them.

We'll see. The only thing GWG has over PS+ is you can keep the games even when membership expires, whereas with PS+ you have to keep subscribed, otherwise the game access will be disabled. But being a member for almost 2 years now, I don't mind subscribing again for another year or even forever. But I'd like to see GWG make it good for the Xbox gamers.

That's one strategy they can use. But they'd better be fast because Sony already got ahead with Don't Starve on PS4 this month. Don't Starve is the first PS4 game for the PS+ this year that's free so Microsoft go to do something if they want to compete in this one.

Back