Xbox One $1 Billion in Exclusive Games for Xbox One

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
xbox-one-dan-mattrick.jpg

Microsoft plans to invest at least $1 billion into next-gen Xbox One games, Microsoft Game Studios vice president Phil Spencer and president of interactive entertainment Don Mattrick confirmed in a chat with Official Xbox Magazine.

Microsoft previously revealed that it has 15 Xbox One exclusives in the works, eight of which are new franchises. Some of those are expected to be unveiled at the company’s E3 press conference on June 10.

Source [DIgital Trends]

Holy hell, that is a lot of money on the line. Exclusive games are risky since people might not even like it, and spending that much money in potentially failing exclusive game would be bad. Hopefully they will release some names and let other people voice their opinions. It's the least they can do to give back to their community. I've also heard nothing but good news so far for the Xbox One.

Really makes me think Microsoft's going to have one hell of a showing for E3. Considering how universally poorly received their debut was I'm sure Microsoft is sweating bullets here and are going to throw everything on the line for their next conference.
And honestly these exclusives are probably the best way to garner a fanbase and sway some gamer's minds.

That's pretty incredible. I'm starting to think they're going to blow everyone away at E3 now, and all these haters complaining it will only control their TV will be eating their words and buying a One. I've kind of been predicting this all along, it's easy for the internet fanboys to get all in a tizzy that there's no games when hardly any games have been announced yet.

Let's just hope that a lot of that money doesn't go to sport games or DLC for first person shooters, because that is not going to make me buy the damn console.

Back