Xbox 360 #1 Reason to Keep your Xbox 360

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Grand Theft Auto V is coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 only. No next-gen consoles or even PC versions have been announced yet and it doesn't look like they will with the launch right around the corner.

Who's looking forward to GTA V? Are you keeping your Xbox 360 to play it or are you trading it in for the Xbox One?

XD

GTA 5 is just one reason to keep the Xbox 360! Totally agree with you. Especially when we saw the latest trailer!:D

I would also say for all the games we have not had a chance to play, it will be a big price drop in the output of the Xbox One and PS4.
I'll enjoy my collection and it will be Xbox 360 and PS3.

Then already know that nostalgia will eventually make my console to dust off back into my memories.;)

Not caring 1 bit about gta 5 if it was on Xbox one maybe but no next gen I don't care

I'll be keeping it. I honestly don't see why Rockstar wouldn't release it for the Xbone and PS4, the sales will be a lot less if they don't release it. I also have a tendency to keep all my consoles, and I rarely sell them just for nostalgic memory. I guess this gives me another reason to take out my 360 and get it ready for GTA V! That's the only game I'm buying once it releases.

It's great that it's coming out for the 360 and the PS3 but I highly doubt that it won't eventually come out for the next gen consoles and for the PC.
I'll wait for the PC version because of the mod support, this is the type of game that usually has great ones :)

GTA V probably going to be the last "bang" that I'll have with the Xbox 360. It looks awesome and it looks like a great way to end a generation.

It seems like it would be better suited for the next generation, but it's cool that they're releasing it for the current generation first. That tells me that they didn't develop it simply with the new consoles in mind. I don't really want to drop a ton of cash for the 360 version only to turn around and get the Xbox One or PS4 version later, but if it's as good as it looks then I probably won't have a problem with it.

I'm keeping my Xbox 360 for GTA V! I saw the trailer for it and would really love to play it. Besides that, I'm still keeping my 360, just because I really like it and I have hundreds of games for it! So, maybe after the Xbox one come's out, I'll either sell it along with all the games for a nice profit, or just keep it and add it to my gaming console collection!

I know a lot of people sell their old systems but as soon as I did, a year or so down the road I wanted it again. I sold my old XBox, and got an urge to pick up early Halo soon after. If I can afford it, I'd like to keep it, regardless of GTA V or anything like that.

I definitely want to play GTA V, but I think I'm going to wait for a sale. It might take a while, but it will happen eventually. I'm sure it's worth pre-ordering, but there are a few other games I've had my eye on longer that deserve my attention first.

I'm personally keeping my Xbox 360 in anticipation for Dark Souls 2, which is apparently not coming to any of the next-gen consoles. It seems like a weird, but common, trend with developers, though. I guess since they've been doing a lot of work regarding current-gen consoles, they don't want to scrap it, and they also don't want to port it. It's really counter-productive though, because now it's just splitting the fanbase between four different consoles, essentially, not to mention PC gamers.

my #1 reason is the time warner cable app comming to the 360. the xb360 may go to my parents with kinect netfliz,amazon prime and time warner cable app. the xb1 will go to me.

This is a very weak reason. If you look at GTA 4 , San Andreas and Vice City, none of them were announced to be released on the PC, yet they all ended up being ported after a while. Also not porting it to 8th gen consoles is just loosing out on business so they would be foolish not to do that.

I agree with a lot of you, that keeping the 360 is gonna be a smart move because so many of the games that are still priced quite highly which we haven't owned yet are gonna drop very low. This is going to open up a vast new world of gaming where we as gamers can just afford to splash out on a bag of games at a time because they will only cost like £2-£5. And I mean games that are currently in the £20 range.

We've seen it with the GameCube, PS2 and other earlier consoles and I believe we are already seeing it wight the 360 in shops like CEX that are selling games like GTA I've for £8 and assassins creed brotherhood for £5.

I'm looking forward to GTAV only after I saw the gameplay trailer, then I was very intrigued. I want to see more of the main campaign stuff, but so far I am on the boat of picking it up when it comes out. I'm not the biggest GTA fan out there, and I honestly skipped over 4 after causal involvement. However, 5 looks like it will really be something.

Insofar as my 360, I'm not going to sell it even after getting my XB1. For one thing the XB1 isn't backwards compatible and I have kept all my 360 games in a library. Also, I have so much stuff saved and installed on the HDD that it would be a total waste to lose all of it. Its still going strong so I'm not going to cut its lifetime short by any means.

I didn't plan on getting rid of my old consoles to make way for the newer consoles for the simply fact that I won't be getting one of them in the near future. I also won't be getting GTA V on release either, but I do think they will make a PC version at some point I mean they have for all the other games. While most of them have been pretty bad PC ports I hope they don't do that with this one and they either make a good port or don't do it at all.

The main reason why I would hold on to my Xbox 360 is for nostalgia's sake. Though I would eventually move on to the Xbox One and the PS4, I won't let go of my 360 because of the great times that I had with the games. Besides, there's still so much that I haven't played on the 360. I plan to play all of the great games on the 360 even though I would already have the Xbone.

The #1 reason to keep my Xbox 360 is simply because there are still games in my backlog that need to finish. I've been pretty busy with my PS3 playing The Last of Us so my 360 has been gathering dust for quite a bit. After I finish though, I will definitely plug it back up so I can play some of my other games. For example, I still need to finish playing Gears of War: Judgment and a couple of other games as well.

There isn't any reason to keep any old systems beyond being able to play your old catalog of games. And since the new systems are two different in architecture to play their predecessors, you'd have a better chance at trying to find a way not to keep your old system.

GTA V is a great final game for this generation. It will probably come out for Xbone though, eventually -- me, im holding out for a PC release for now. The mods are always so much fun.

Back