Xbox 360 10 Million Copies of Minecraft 360 Sold!

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
For all of you Minecraft fans, this is kind of a big deal. Since it's release in the eighteen months that the colossal PC hit has been available on the Xbox, it's become a cult classic. To prove this point, well, it's sold a staggering ten million copies! Congrats guys- You've made this a ridiculously successful title.

10,000,000. It's a huge number and it's one that 4J Studios and Mojang are celebrating this weekend as they announced that the Xbox 360 version of the block building smash hit has sold a phenomenal ten million copies in the eighteen months since it's been on sale.

The colossal number was announced by ol' Major Nelson on his blog, where he also proceeded to announce that to celebrate the game passing a milestone, a massive one day sale is to be held on most of the downloadable content for the game for 24 hours today (the 14th).

So what's your favorite thing about Minecraft on the Xbox 360?

Source: OXM UK

Minecraft is so huge! I think one reason why it is so huge is because people of all ages love it. I have friends who are in their late 40s who are obsessed with it and even cousins who are 8 who won't stop playing. It has a little bit of everything in it and is only as cool as your imagination. My favorite is digging far down and exploring.

I'm proud to say that I am one of those 10 million copies sold. I love this game, especially playing with friends. I get to tap into my creative side and just build whatever my heart desires.

Back