10 years of Live

TidalWave

I received an email from Xbox Live the other day and it said they are celebrating 10 years of Live! It is really hard to believe that Xbox Live has been around that long, isn't it? How many of those years have you been on?

I received an email from Xbox Live the other day and it said they are celebrating 10 years of Live! It is really hard to believe that Xbox Live has been around that long, isn't it? How many of those years have you been on?

It's only hard to believe to those of this generation. People don't realize LIVE was started right from the original Xbox. So that's ten years of refinement and cultivation.

I have only been on for a few years but that's because 10 years ago I was only 9. My mom didn't let me have an Xbox until I was in high school and even then I had to buy it myself and my use was limited between school, sports and work.

I just joined last Christmas when I got my Kinect and Xbox. I mostly use it to play against my family members that live far away from me. It is pretty cool for helping us stay connected. Let's hope they just continue to get better for the next 10 years!

I have been on Live almost from the beginning. I got on it first 360 when I got my the day they came out. It sure has changed a lot but I think it's been for the better.

I have been on Live almost from the beginning. I got on it first 360 when I got my the day they came out. It sure has changed a lot but I think it's been for the better.

If you first got Live when you first had the 360 then you weren't on there from the beginning or anywhere close to it. Remember, Live is something carried over from the original Xbox

I haven't been on very long in the grand scheme of things. It's cool that it has been around for a decade though. I sure hope it sticks around for another decade and longer. Since it is pretty much the best gaming console online community, I don't think it will be going away any time soon.

If you first got Live when you first had the 360 then you weren't on there from the beginning or anywhere close to it. Remember, Live is something carried over from the original Xbox

I did say almost, Cross. I don't remember exactly but it has been like 6 or 7 years. Considering Live has been around for 10 years 6 or 7 is a lot.

They might celebrate 10 years, I'm only at the beginning of the Live experience. Truth be told, I'm not easily impressed but they really did a great job overall.

Dont you have to pay a monthly fee to be a member?

Initially, no

But, ever since they moved the ability to play online into the Gold version of the service, xbox 360 owners almost have no choice but to pay if they want to play their games to the fullest, use majority of the apps, etc.

I guess I am lucky, I don't do the multiplayer thing.
I finally got enough nerve to explore xbox live and downloaded some Demo's but nothing I like so far. I got my free dance central 2.

Back