Xbox 360 2 Player Mode: Split Screen or two different TVs?

novasparker

When my son wants me to play a game with him, I usually wind up confused because I can never remember if I have the top screen or the bottom. And then, we both complain because we really can't see the action since we have to share the real estate on the screen. Does anyone know if Xbox 360 has the ability to put one player on one TV and the other player on another TV screen? That way I could set up an arrangement in his room to have two smaller TVs (30" maybe) and we can play two player without getting a headache.

Highly doubt it. If you want to do that, I think you'll have to do it the way that my husband and I did with the 360-Buy two consoles, two copies of the game, and we each had our own screen. Unfortunately, this is how developers can force you to sell more games! Truth be told though, I don't blame them.

Ugh...so frustrating. It wouldn't be a real co-op type play then. I guess I could always buy a second one and then get on Xbox live and play with him, but it seems like an awful lot of money just to be able to play along with him. I guess that we'll just have to tough out the split screen for awhile more until Xbox figures out how to make it work.

No, that option is not available, but I wish it was. You somewhat get used to it eventually, though. The only other option you have is to buy two separate games, as jstep mentioned.

No, however you could have 2 different accounts then have 1 account on each TV.

That's true Swagger. I had thought about that, but once again, you have to have two accounts, two systems and two TVs set up in one room. Seems like a little overkill especially when this is a more occasional thing. Maybe the newer firmware updates for the Xbox One will allow us to do something cool like this. Maybe I can send them an email and make the suggestion.

Like the others are saying, its not really supported by any game makers, but i think it would definitely be possible considering you could use 3 tvs to play forza(cant remember exactly which one(360)) single player, broadening your view.

I wish it was supported because i love couch co-op but i really dislike the split screen, especially in like cod:waw and other games that dont even use the full screen ! :(

Yeah, it's not really possible to do split screen between two different TVs as like everyone said, you'd need two consoles. Anyways, I guess one good method is to try a larger enough screen so the split of the screen is large enough for people to see.

Back