Xbox 360 Borderlands 2. Character Builds: Salvador the Gunzerker

Sawerin

Contributor
Borderlands 2. Character Builds: Salvador the Gunzerker

1920x1080.jpg

Classes in Borderlands 2 differ from those offered in the first title. However, many of them share pretty much the same possibilities and skills. You will still find Lilith, Brick, Mordecai and Roland in the Borderlands 2 but only as game characters and not as playable heroes. From the very beginning you will be offered to pick 1 out of 4 classes but the additional fifth character (and class) can be purchased and downloaded via Xbox Live. Those gamers who preordered the game, will get the downloadable content for free.
Classes in Borderlands 2:
1. Salvador the Gunzerker;
2. Zer0 the Assassin;
3. Maya the Siren;
4. Axton the Commando;
5. Gaige the Mechromancer (is the first DLC available for download via Xbox Live).

Salvador the Gunzerker
If taking enemies down with the fire weapon is the only thing you are good at and being strategic sounds boring, Salvador is definitely your kind of fighter. Being a native citizen of the planet Pandora he knows the planet better than anybody else and in 36 years spent here he has managed to become a real obstacle for anyone who ever crossed his way. Be it a professional sent by imperialist corporations or simply a scavenging monster looking for food – Salvador is capable of dealing with them all. He might not be the highest man on Pandora but thanks to heavy steroid use throughout his life, Salvador looks like a killing machine, especially with two differently looking but equally deadly weapons in his hands. Yes, probably thanks to the very same steroids, Salvador's Action Skill, “Gunzerking,” allows the player to dual wield two guns (of any type) at the same time. Base cooldown for Gunzerking is 42 seconds, base duration – 20. But even regardless of its limited durability, Gunzerking also regenerate your health and this is more than useful.

Investing Skill Points: Recommendation
Concentrating on Rampage and Gun Lust skill trees will give you an opportunity to amplify weapon stats and make it more accurate and dangerous, with better fire rate and reload time. As for the Brawn skill tree – it increases the amount of damage Salvador can take and remain alive.
Of course, you can and, actually, should invest your points into whatever skills you find are good for your fighting strategy. But, you also need to realize that there are some basic skills that are rather a necessity than a recommendation. In other words – be ready to spend 16 points in Rampage because it is “Important.” Steady As She Goes and Double Your Fun are too good to be true but they are real so don’t even think about leaving them behind.
Spending 26 points on the Gun lust offers the highest pure damage bonuses to pistol attacks while Gunzerking and during cooldown. Well, if you are not ready to become that dedicated, spending 16 points in Rampage with the mix of great mods can keep your Gunzerking alive for quite a long time. Being effective in maneuvering on the battlefield is one of the key rules that will save your warrior’s life. That is why investing the last 3 points in Incite's movement would be a perfect idea.
Speaking of survivability: in case you prefer to mix it up with your weapons, investing 29 points into the Brawn skill tree will make the difference and seriously increase your regeneration. Well, you should not expect it to make you immortal but this tree also seriously increases your moving speed that is why do not forget about getting Full Incite and Bus That Can't Slow Down to upgrade your movement speed to +80%. Improvements like this do make a difference giving you an opportunity to dodge the upcoming impacts and avoid enemy’s fire. This is extremely effective when fighting bosses and hard to get enemies.

Gun Lust
When focused on this skill tree, Salvador gets bonuses to reload time, switching weapon and obtains various gun abilities.

Locked and Loaded
Tier – 1
Levels – 5
Effect: Reloading your gun gives you +5% Fire Rate per level for a short time.
Quick Draw
Tier – 1
Levels – 5
Effect: +7% Weapon Swap Speed and +2% Critical Hit Damage per level.
I'm your Huckleberry
Tier – 2
Levels – 5
Effect: +3% Damage and Reload Speed per level with pistols.
All I need is one
Tier – 2
Levels – 5
Effect: Swapping weapons causes your next shot fired to deal +8% damage per level.
Divergent Likeness
Tier – 3
Levels – 5
Effect: +6% Damage when Gunzerking with two of the same type of guns, +6% Accuracy when Gunzerking with two different types of guns per level.
Auto-Load
Tier – 3
Levels – 1
Effect: Killing an enemy Instantly Reloads all of the guns that you have equipped and that are not currently in your hands. Swapping guns after Auto-Load has reloaded a gun triggers Locked & Loaded.
Money Shot
Tier – 3
Levels – 5
Effect: The last bullet fired from any gun does +8% damage per level per magazine size, up to +80% damage per level.
Lay Waste
Tier – 4
Levels – 5
Effect: Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +8% Fire Rate and +5% Critical Hit Damage with Guns per level for a short time.
Down not Out
Tier – 4
Levels – 1
Effect: You can Gunzerk while in Fight for Your Life.
Keep it Piping Hot
Tier – 5
Levels – 5
Effect: While Gunzerking is in the process of cooling down you gain +5% Gun Damage, +6% Melee Damage, and +5% Grenade Damage per level.
No Kill Like Overkill
Tier – 6
Levels – 1
Effect: When you kill an enemy you gain a bonus to Gun Damage equal to the amount of excess damage you dealt to the enemy you just killed.

Rampage
Investing points in this skill tree gives you extra ammunition and Gunzerking all or most of the time.

Inconceivable
Tier – 1
Levels – 5
Effect: Up to 10% chance per level for shots not to consume ammo depending on how low your health and shields are.
Filled to the Brim
Tier – 1
Levels – 5
Effect: +5% Magazine Capacity and +3% Ammunition Capacity per level for all weapon types.
All in the Reflexes
Tier – 2
Levels – 5
Effect: +5% Reload Speed and +4% Melee Damage per level.
Last Longer
Tier – 2
Levels – 5
Effect: +3 seconds Gunzerking duration per level.
I'm Ready Already
Tier – 3
Levels – 5
Effect: +5% Gunzerking Cooldown Rate.
Steady as she Goes
Tier – 3
Levels – 1
Effect: +80% Recoil Reduction and 30% chance to improve Accuracy on hit when Gunzerking.
5 Shots or 6
Tier – 3
Levels – 5
Effect: Grants a 5% chance per level to add an extra round of ammunition when firing instead of expending ammunition.
Yippee Ki Aye
Tier – 4
Levels – 5
Effect: Increases the duration of Gunzerking by 0.6s per level every time an enemy is killed while Gunzerking.
Double your Fun
Tier – 4
Levels – 1
Effect: Throwing a grenade while Gunzerking throws two grenades instead of one. The second grenade doesn't cost ammo.
Get Some
Tier – 5
Levels – 5
Effect: Shooting an enemy decreases Gunzerking cooldown by 0.6 second per level. Has a cooldown of 3 seconds.
Keep Firing...
Tier – 6
Levels – 5
Effect: While Gunzerking, you gain up to +88% Fire Rate and +25% Reload Speed depending on how long you hold down the trigger.

Brawn
Focused on physical toughness by soaking up damage due to massive health generation and also gives Salvador physical abilities.

Hard to Kill
Tier – 1
Levels – 5
Effect: +4% Maximum Health and regenerate 0.1% of your Maximum Health per second per level.
Incite
Tier – 1
Levels – 5
Effect: Taking damage gives +6% Movement Speed and +5% Reload Speed for a few seconds.
Asbestos
Tier – 2
Levels – 5
Effect: -8% Negative Status Effect Duration per level.
I'm the Juggernaut
Tier – 2
Levels – 5
Effect: Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +4% Damage Reduction for a short time.
Ain't Got Time to Bleed
Tier – 3
Levels – 5
Effect: While Gunzerking you regenerate up to 0.8% of your Maximum Health per second per level depending on how low your health is.
Fistful of Hurt
Tier – 3
Levels – 1
Effect: Melee Override. Throw a heavy punch dealing massive damage and knockback. Has a cooldown of 15 seconds.
Out of Bubblegum
Tier – 3
Levels – 5
Effect: +7% Fire Rate per level when shield is depleted.
Bus that can't Slow Down
Tier – 4
Levels – 5
Effect: +10% Movement Speed per level while Gunzerking.
Just Got Real
Tier – 4
Levels – 5
Effect: Up to +8% Gun Damage per level depending on how low your health is.
Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Tier – 5
Levels – 5
Effect: Taking damage gives +0.4% Health Regeneration per level for 5 seconds. This effect does not stack.
Come at me Bro
Tier – 6
Levels – 1
Effect: Action Skill Augment. While Gunzerking, taunt your enemies and instantly gain full health. Taunted enemies are more likely to attack you, but for the next few seconds you gain massive damage reduction.

Also, for more information on skills you can and should visit this link. There you will find a skill constructor that allows players to build their own skill tree and count the number of skill points required to become an effective warrior. Planning with this constructor will help you to see the future potential of your character and bonuses he will get after spending points on this or that skill.

Last edited:
Money Shot is the best skill ever. I dual wield a pair of Torgue's Double Penetrating Unkempt Harolds with a build that focuses on increasing damage from pistols (I'm Your Huckleberry skill, Sheriff's Badge relic) and Money Shot (at 11/10 thanks to an Auspicious Raider Class Mod). The damage is ridiculously high and I love it! Has made me dislike the other classes, though, since they can't deal such amazing damage (except for melee Zer0, I guess).

The Gunzerker is my favorite class in the Borderlands series so far, by FAR!

Money Shot is the best skill ever. I dual wield a pair of Torgue's Double Penetrating Unkempt Harolds with a build that focuses on increasing damage from pistols (I'm Your Huckleberry skill, Sheriff's Badge relic) and Money Shot (at 11/10 thanks to an Auspicious Raider Class Mod). The damage is ridiculously high and I love it! Has made me dislike the other classes, though, since they can't deal such amazing damage (except for melee Zer0, I guess).

The Gunzerker is my favorite class in the Borderlands series so far, by FAR!

By all means Salvador is great and when or if you need someone to be effective and tank through enemies - this is a right character to choose. But still - Zer0 is my favorite. I enjoy killing with style)

Last edited:
Back