Xbox One Just deal with it he says?

Forerunner

So I came across this article today on IGN's home page about the 720, and I'm actually kinda of bugged by it. Nobody likes online DRM and I think it has been proven time and time again that it doesn't work, by multiple companies who have tried it and who well... haven't gotten it to work. Maybe it's just me, but seeing things like this really do take away from my want for the new console. I love my 360, I really do, but everything I'm seeing about this new console is really just kinda... I dunno, taking away my want to buy it. I don't want to have to deal with a ton of hoops just to play a game, especially since where I'm at the internet is absolutely horrible. I'd link the article, but I can't post links yet sadly.

Yeah, the Creative Director's comments are truly... awful.

Here's what he says on Twitter, discussing with Bioware's Manveer:
jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

OEY5yp8.jpg

jbmJQEeF9tOY7R.png

VqoBBg0.png

This makes it really hard to think the 720 won't have always-online requeriments. The rumors might then be true, and then I will have a really easy time choosing my next-gen console (hint: not a Microsoft one!)

Wow I might have to reconsider now. Hmmm..... Thanks for this post I think it brings some awareness to what may happen.

Yeah I read this last night, how arrogant can you get?

I'm a Sony/Playstation fan first and foremost, but I do love the Xbox too. But this guy and his statements, plus all the rumours lately (whether they are true or not) have seriously made me reconsider the thought of purchasing the next Xbox. The future for Microsoft's Xbox looks very cloudy indeed.

Well, it looks like Microsoft had to officially apologize for this guy's douchebaggery now: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/05/microsoft-responds-to-creative-directors-always-on-console-co/

"We apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday," the response reads. "This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers."

"We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

This feature does sound a little ridiculous.... My internet out here is pretty bad, like all the time, and a fully internet-integrated gaming console would not like our connection. I have been doubting getting the next Xbox, but I am not looking forward to it quite as much now...

This feature does sound a little ridiculous.... My internet out here is pretty bad, like all the time, and a fully internet-integrated gaming console would not like our connection. I have been doubting getting the next Xbox, but I am not looking forward to it quite as much now...
I second that. My connection is pure crap. An always-online requeriment would effectively KILL the console for me and I would just go for the competition (unless the competition implemented such a thing too, in which case I would just... slap a bitch or something!)

They'll really have to do some explaining to justify all this. They've been very awful about advertising it so far and just embarrassed themselves. PS4 is already ahead a step.

Online, not being able to get used games, etc. is way too much.

Yeah, i get what you're saying.
I don't want to waste money on another system either.

Wow, I haven't seen those tweets before. I'm really getting insulted by the terrible analogies that these company reps make. Gaming in the past has almost all been able to play offline, and now this all might change on how well this next adventure goes with the 720. Seeing how they already redacted the tweets with no additional comment, always online for the next Xbox is a 90% guarantee.

I think the issue of always on will not be as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Really think that Microsoft ran the numbers and the amount of people that have high, un-capped internet access far outweigh the people who don't. My thinking is the always on thing is for the checking of games you have purchased and for those people who want to purchase games via the store to download to their system.

Not as big a deal? Not for EVERYONE, I guess, but it would be for those like me with my crappy slow connection and to those I know with capped connections. There's no good reason for it to be REQUIRED for the user to be connected online all the time just to play some games they've already BOUGHT.

They really have to stop and think that the entire world is not connected 24/7 and with people all around. Some people live in the middle of nowhere, with no people to do all of this social aspect they are loving to push into everything nowadays. Just make a console that playes good games, is that bad? Do you really have to be connected every single second of the day?

OK guys, I found this hilariously silly Thai video which sumarises everything about this issue in a very funny matter, thought it was worth sharing over here:

[video=youtube;zFRr3sE3AvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zFRr3sE3AvE[/video]

Also: the guy might have been fired over this: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/10/report-microsoft-studios-creative-director-adam-orth-no-longer/
Adam Orth, the Microsoft Studios creative director who caused a stir among consumers last week by tweeting his opinions on "always-on" devices, is no longer a Microsoft employee, according to "two sources" speaking with Polygon.

Last week, Microsoft publicly apologized for Orth's comments, saying that "this person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers."

We have reached out to Microsoft for a statement on the situation and will update this story if we learn more.

Well this guy's comments cost him his job. No idea yet what this means for the console but Microsoft was right pissed at the negative attention before the announcement or that fact that its true and they have to spin it now. Typically, they do not tackle perceived negative features during an announcement.

If the Xbox 720 requires you to be constantly online, then i'll still buy it, but if it doesn't allow used games, i'll probably stick with the 360. Also, the 720 needs to be compatible with 360 games, achievements and gamer-score, or many gamers will be very angry. I also think the tweets that employee made were very rude. If he doesn't like me saying that, then as he says, "deal with it".

Also, did that employee get fired? If an employee acted like that publicly and shamed my business, I would not hesitate in firing him. His tweets were extremely un-professional, as well as very offending to the person they were directed at.

Also, did that employee get fired? If an employee acted like that publicly and shamed my business, I would not hesitate in firing him. His tweets were extremely un-professional, as well as very offending to the person they were directed at.

Yeah that clown got fired, and rightfully so. You shouldn't post negative thoughts regarding your target consumer on your twitter account, I mean that's just common sense

My post count isn't high enough to post links but type "just deal with it xbox fired" onto google and your first result should be from vg247 with an article on his firing

Back