Xbox One 4k TV - will it make any difference?

Takedon

I am going to buy myself a 4k TV and I want to know if it will look better (or worse) while gaming on my XB1.

i have a lower level 4k tv..
http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-SE50UY04-50-Inch-120Hz/dp/B00BXF7I9M

i can say i cant tell the difference.. xb1 is not native 4k or 3d.. with that said the xb1 only has a handful of games that play at a native 1080.. 4k tv's may help the processing power because its not pushed to its max so u will have less frame tears.. but i wouldn't call the frame tears a tv issue as much as a developer issue..

upon startup of my xb1 my tv is 900 @60fps.. so 4k on the daskboard is not going to polish it up anymore..

now with say a blue ray or games at 1080 it may look very nice but i wouldnt say its going to look any better than say a higher end full 1080 tv only because its not steping up to 4k ever. or maybe i havnt noticed any difference..

i will say this .. the frame rate drop is not a tv thing... its in game. say bf4 when a building is droping or what not.. a tv s not going to fix that.. those kind of frame rate drops are in game.

4K for gaming isn't going to help for now so you may as well just stick to the regular 1080p for gaming. If you're sitting at a distance you probably won't notice a thing but being near enough you'll start to notice the game looking a little washed out. I don't have a 4k display myself but I've seen people game with one before and that was what I observed.

i have a lower level 4k tv..
http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-SE50UY04-50-Inch-120Hz/dp/B00BXF7I9M

i can say i cant tell the difference.. xb1 is not native 4k or 3d.. with that said the xb1 only has a handful of games that play at a native 1080.. 4k tv's may help the processing power because its not pushed to its max so u will have less frame tears.. but i wouldn't call the frame tears a tv issue as much as a developer issue..

upon startup of my xb1 my tv is 900 @60fps.. so 4k on the daskboard is not going to polish it up anymore..

now with say a blue ray or games at 1080 it may look very nice but i wouldnt say its going to look any better than say a higher end full 1080 tv only because its not steping up to 4k ever. or maybe i havnt noticed any difference..

i will say this .. the frame rate drop is not a tv thing... its in game. say bf4 when a building is droping or what not.. a tv s not going to fix that.. those kind of frame rate drops are in game.
Thank you for replying. Does it look the same or does it look even more pixelated because of the native resolution?

While the Xbox is prepared to support 4K gaming, games will not be supporting the technology for a while, much like TV providers.

From what I understand most TV shows are not even 1080"p" so it's going to be a long time before I plan
to switch as there will be very very little 4k content available.

From what I understand most TV shows are not even 1080"p" so it's going to be a long time before I plan
to switch as there will be very very little 4k content available.

Well the TVs are 1080p, the content which you watch isn't. Most of the content that claims 1080 is being upscaled and is not 1080 native.

Thank you for replying. Does it look the same or does it look even more pixelated because of the native resolution?

i put my xb1 on a lg 50" 1080 tv to see how it looked because you asked..

i used netflix and streamed a hd movie(avengers) both tv's look about identical the lg has a bit darker base color which probably could be tweaked in the brightness. i am use to the way my 4k looks and i have it set where i like it so i am partial but as far as quality from 1080/4k its identical... like i said upon startup both go to native 900@60fps(which is dashboard) so the performance is the same and generally it looks exactly the same.. the tv dosn't identify when going hd or 1080 hd when streaming or anything so i couldn't say it did anything or not..

but like knitmare said the technology is not their.. blue rays,games ect ect.. no one is even touching 4k.. and i wouldn't expect it for another 6-10 years.. its going to be hard to support the compression on a disk.. the sheer sotrage/compression will take up to much disk space.. and we would be back to 3-4 disk for a full game and he industry wont go back to that.

but back to tv's if you go to bestbuy/walmart ect ect... you can walk by or look at 10-20 50"tv's and they all look decent its usually the coloring and britness that make it look better.. and really 90% of that can be tweeked the demo's are out of the box settings for manufacture.. so take all of that with a grain of salt.. my 500 dollar tv looks better than the 1,200 sollar tv in the living room and my $500 is a chineese low budget one.. so again just take all of it with a grain of salt.

How do you like that TV? I have been thinking of getting one for a few months now but haven't pulled the trigger.

Sorry I'm new here and haven't seen any of the posts. I'll see if I can find them.

its all good..

in the search bar type seiki i have 4 general posts i mention the tv in..

i do like my tv.. i actually like it more than the 1200+ dollar lg in the living room.. the colors are nice.. the black is rich(xbox seems to do a good job with color) i dont think ive watched a thing at 4k honestly. the 1080/hd streaming are quite nice.
even with it being a "cheap" tv ive been more than satisfied with it ive been thru 2 apartments and 4 years with it. ive lived without tv and only had amazon prime/netflix on a 360... i dont use xbox tv tuner.. its strictly a netflix,amazon prime,gaming (no kinect) i cant wait for a time warner cable app so i cant stream digital tv..(miss it from the 360)

Well, probably no difference at the moment. 1080p is the standard now and not yet the 4K. But hey, if you want to prep yourself for the coming of 4K, go ahead and get it.

It will look better, but I think it will take a while for the 4k technology to be widely implemented so TV providers won't have content in that resolution.
It might be worth it for gaming, but I think that's basically all it's good for right now.

A 4k television, for the most part, is an overkill if your main focus is gaming. The XB1 is currently running games at 1080p max, so you won't even be utilizing that 4k power anyway for now. However, if you want to go ahead and commit to the upgrade for the future, that would be a decent choice. Don't think that you will be enhancing your current XB1 experience though.

Even if you have the best 4K television on the market, the Xbox one will never be able to play games at 4k resolution. The Xbox one cant even play games in full 1080p unless it is an undemanding mini game or something of the like. The colors may look better and the graphics might look more defined on a quality 4k display, but it will not look 4k good.

Like others have said, it's a moot point until the Xbox can support the 4k tech. They should be on the cutting edge of it though, so I don't think you should have to worry about waiting too terribly long for it to happen.

4k is a long way off what I have been told. X1 doesn't support it and well not much out there does. 4k was originally billed as the replacement of 3D TV's.
Give it a couple years if 4k is the new resolution to have then it will stick but im not pulling trigger on one yet.

Back