Xbox One A new Lord of Rings AAA game in coming

wowtgp

Yep, it seems as though Warner Bros has a Lord of Ring related project in the works for quite some time now which should be revealed sometime this year or the very next year to the masses. I am not a big fan of LOTR games, but I know there are fans out there who'd be exhilarated by this news. So, LOTR fans, are you excited about the next installment?

Via - Lord of the Rings: hints suggests new triple-A game in development | VG247

This sounds good. The last one was pretty cool, I remember. But I don't remember its title or who was the developer. I also only played for a bit! But I remember it being good anyway.

They should do an LotR game that plays more like a big open-world adventure game. The previous LOTR games have all been linear, from what I've seen.

lets hope its not like conquest i think it was called lotr: conquest that was a awful game and had no point of it, graphics were poor, gameplay was awful and coding was even worse it was that bad i thought the newer was brilliant complete change.

Wouldn't know about Lord of the Rings, but maybe a The Hobbit game, seeing how they are going to do a trilogy of that too? Maybe Bethesda could do it, with the Fallout/Elder Scrolls game engine? Oh man, that would be really cool to play!

I was also expecting it to be a Hobbit game when I first heard of this. Now I'm a little more interested. LOTR games have a savage hit-miss record so I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait and see more to make a call on if I'm sold on it yet. I don't care if the game is open world or not, I just want it to not be garbage.

This sounds good. The last one was pretty cool, I remember. But I don't remember its title or who was the developer. I also only played for a bit! But I remember it being good anyway.

They should do an LotR game that plays more like a big open-world adventure game. The previous LOTR games have all been linear, from what I've seen.

he last game in the LOTR series was released back in 2011 which didn't sell well at all, because it was mediocre to say the least. Let's hope that this game does a better job, but I am not holding my breath for it.

Interesting. Last time they promised us a AAA game we got a turd called 'LOTR Conquest' which was painfully bad and definitely not worth its price. But then Lego Lord of the Rings was actually good , it was one of the better LOTR games ever made, and I think that the success of Lego LOTR has revived the interest in the franchise as a whole. I sincerely hope that they can reproduce the success of the Lego game rather than Conquest and I look forward to seeing more.

Interesting. Last time they promised us a AAA game we got a turd called 'LOTR Conquest' which was painfully bad and definitely not worth its price. But then Lego Lord of the Rings was actually good , it was one of the better LOTR games ever made, and I think that the success of Lego LOTR has revived the interest in the franchise as a whole. I sincerely hope that they can reproduce the success of the Lego game rather than Conquest and I look forward to seeing more.

Who developed the Lego LOTR? I think it was by some other team. This game is developed by the same team who developed LOTR Conquest. I won't hold my breath for it.

Back