Xbox 360 Alice: Madness Returns Reviews

How would you rate Alice: Madness Returns?

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• 1 - Not worth playing

• Total voters

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
So you want to know if a game is any good before you buy it? Below you can find the reviews for Alice: Madness Returns. Reviews tell you what the pros and cons are of a game, how the game plays, if the story line is any good, the ESRB Rating, number of players, genre, multiplayer options…You get the idea. We put everything all in one place for you so you’ll be able to figure out if the game is right for you. If you have any questions that the reviews didn’t answer, start a new thread on the forum. Played the game already? Rate it above and tell us why you did or didn’t like it. Better yet, write your own user review!

7 out of 10 - Gamespot
Read the full review here: Direct Link
Playing Alice: Madness Returns isn't as exciting as looking at it, but you'll still enjoy getting lost in this twisted fantasy adventure.
6.5 out of 10 - IGN
On one hand, Alice: Madness Returns presents a fantastically imagined vision of Wonderland full of secrets, collectables, and wondrous areas of classic platforming to explore. But through questionable level design, graphical inconsistency, and repetitive gameplay, I was pulled out of the experience more than I would have liked. Alice: Madness Returns is a memorable peek through a flawed looking glass.​
6.75 out of 10 - Game Informer
What starts out as a promising romp through a demented Wonderland devolves into a few good ideas stretched across redundant gameplay. Like any game based on a popular property, there will be those who can overlook Madness Return’s shortcomings and scrape together a good time.
6 out of 10 - Official Xbox Magazine
The maze of Alice’s mind is the journey you’re really on — you’ll feel this most keenly when no enemies are around and you’re just exploring her world, seeing what you’ll discover next. But at the end of our 17-hour trip through Wonderland, we kept wishing there’d been so much more. Madness Returns shows substantial flashes of being equal to its predecessor, but its strongest detractions — middling gameplay mechanics, the rushed ending, and that last tier of weapon upgrades being available only as paid DLC — hold it back.

Last edited:
I never finished it because it was my friend who owned it, not me.
I liked the game to sit back and chill, however, it's not the normal kind of game I would play.

I'd rate the game itself probably around a six as well.

How scary is this game?
Someone bought it for my godson for a presents from a charity shop but I can't gauge how scary it is from the reviews.

How scary is this game?
Someone bought it for my godson for a presents from a charity shop but I can't gauge how scary it is from the reviews.

Seriously...? Not so much at all. It's definitely just a relax your way through game, but I'm a sucker for good graphics and it is beautifully done.

I would give it a 2 since it nowhere near as good as the original game was. I couldn't get to finish it due to so many bugs and glitches.

Back