Xbox 360 Always Remember To Take A Bathroom Break!!!!

gamejunkie

Guys I know that a lot of you play xbox online and that a lot of you spend sometimes hours on end just playing video games but I just lost a friend of mine that I used to play video games online with. When I got the news I was shocked but they also told me that he was actually playing video games for hours without eating an without ever getting up to go and take bathroom breaks. Apparently this led to him developing a form of diabetes and also led him to die as he left for treatment overseas. Its a sad story and we all online miss him because he was a very good player but he seemed to take the video game more seriously than he took his own life.

So I am typing this as a warning to all of you gamers out there remember to do your best to take a break and get your body in order, especially if you are playing video games and you are going to be in the same spot for a very long time. It is always good to take a break.

Do you guys take regular breaks when you are playing video games for long hour stints?

I take a break regularly. It's usually to get something to drink or eat and I stop off by the bathroom. It won't hurt to take a few minutes out to tend to natural needs. The game isn't going anywhere unless you...play outside in the open in a bad part of town or something.

People really should heed gamejunkie's advice. You'd think it common sense or second nature to take yourself out of the game for a few moments and use the bathroom. Hell, going to get something to eat shouldn't take you out entirely since you can eat while playing.

...People don't take bathroom breaks? I mean, come on guys. Gaming isn't that important. Run to the toilet between games if you're playing online, or just pause the damn game. It doesn't make sense to put your health at risk, just to stay a little longer at your game.

Damn, I didn't even know this was an issue. I thought the discomfort would become unbearable a long time before it was actually damaging to your health. It's a shame people die for stuff like this. :(

I was surprised this was an issue as well, but then I remember some of the dedicated broadcasters on Twitch (the ones with gaming setup, not using the app) tend to be on for hours and hours at a time.

I've always made sure to take a break, but I can understand how that might be glossed over when playing a competitive game or while in a party and raiding in an MMORPG.

Oh yeah when playing MMORPGs, you might be in a group that expects you to be ready ALL the time. You can always call for a break if its a familiar group where no one will bail because you take a quick break. Plus it depends on how important your role in the group is. Tanks and healers usually get to dictate breaks without question.

All of that aside, take those breaks!

Yeah it is really important man I lost my buddy and close friend and I can't understand why he let it get so far. Just take a break for crying out loud nobody will penalize you for taking care of your own health. I love video games but I will be honest and tell you that they aren't that important for me to neglect my health.

I can see why people forget eating, but bathroom breaks? If you really take gaming that seriously, it'd probably be smart to take bathroom breaks as it's really annoying having to play while feeling the urge to pee. :cool:

ThunderSteel brought up a good point about competitive gaming. That can result in people holding it to get in on good games against challenging player and stuff. If you can't pause or break to use the bathroom keep a jar, bucket, or large Taco Bell cup at least.

...but having a pee jar around is just gross.

Take a break, people! The game isn't going anywhere like MetalSwift said.

If you can't pause or break to use the bathroom keep a jar, bucket, or large Taco Bell cup at least.

...but having a pee jar around is just gross.

That's disgusting and lazy.

I agree just take a break honestly to me missing a game is not as important as missing out on the rest of my life. I mean he was my friend but that indeed was a silly way to die.

Damn... it's good to take break, necessary even. I don't know how somebody can ignore their own body and health just to play videogames...

Back when I played WoW, my raid clan used pee-bags, I quit shortly after finding out that snippet of info

I remember the ol'pee-bags from raiding in vanilla and BC. I'm not going to comment on anymore on that, don't want to incriminate myself too much..>_>

Excellent advice! Some people become so addicted and obsessed that they forget about the other areas of their lives. I not only take regular breaks but take time away from playing completely. Other areas of my life are more important, live is meant to be lived and not spent just in front of a game.

Yeah I remember when the Wii first came out a radio company had a contest called "Hold your wee for a Wii" and one lady drank a bunch of water and tried to hold it in, and got water poisoning. It's really sad, and I can't ever imagine playing long enough and not wanting to pause and go....just sad....

Never have I been so caught up gaming that I never took the time to go and take a bathroom break. That's why I think the creators of the video games have created the pause button to ensure that when we need to take breaks that we are able to pause the game and pick up from where we left off when we get back. That lady for the Wii was crazy though it aint no way that I am doing something like that just for a video game.

Back