Xbox One Amazing Spider-Man 2 New Trailer.

Exactly. New York has already been downsized, ripped apart, alternated, pissed on, smacked on, taken down... we need a new setting. Spidey needs to go somewhere.

That's right! Give us a new setting already developers! New York is already getting overused. I just want to see Spidey somewhere else. Even Tokyo would suffice!

I wish they can make spidey go elsewhere. I agree. Since he is a superhero he should go anywhere to work on crimes and stuff. Maybe try california or washington dc for once.

Los Angeles! We need an LA setting! But yeah, NY is getting overused over and over again. It's tiring already. And why is NY always used? 'Cuz Spider cares about it? 'Cuz it's his home? 'Cuz it's the only place villains can ruin? Why not other places? It's New York is the WHOLE WORLD in the world of Spidey.

Los Angeles! We need an LA setting! But yeah, NY is getting overused over and over again. It's tiring already. And why is NY always used? 'Cuz Spider cares about it? 'Cuz it's his home? 'Cuz it's the only place villains can ruin? Why not other places? It's New York is the WHOLE WORLD in the world of Spidey.

I agree They have to make a different setting for spidey. Why can't he go global right?

I agree They have to make a different setting for spidey. Why can't he go global right?

Exactly. Is New York all that good to be a setting? I don't mean any disrespect for anyone who is from New York here in the forums but seriously man, New York has been used for Spidey for far too long. We need to see Spidey be a global hero for once. If the members of The Avengers and Agents of SHIELD can go global, why not Spidey?

I think why always New York is because Spider-Man lives in New York and is New York's superhero. Spidey isn't someone that can travel around the globe as easily as say Iron-Man or Thor. He needs to sneak up on planes to get to other places. Besides, New York seems like the only city that has enough tall buildings for Spidey to swing around lol.

I think why always New York is because Spider-Man lives in New York and is New York's superhero. Spidey isn't someone that can travel around the globe as easily as say Iron-Man or Thor. He needs to sneak up on planes to get to other places. Besides, New York seems like the only city that has enough tall buildings for Spidey to swing around lol.

I guess you're right. But still it would be nice if he can go elsewhere.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Still, I don't know, I've been playing so many Spidey games to know New York is just overused. Ah well, that's how it is. Spidey doesn't have a rocket to go to other places so it'll have to be.

A whole Spider-Man game based outside of New York City? lol

I see Spider-Man outside of New York for select missions inside like a building or compound, but not just open world webslinging in like L.A or Chicago or some nonsense.

Spider-Man is a street hero at the core--who handles global/universal threats with the Avengers--and New York City is his turf. It makes sense to keep him in NYC except for rare adventures outside of it--again with the Avengers or with the Ultimates. For a Spider-Man totally outside of NYC I'd go for a Spider-Man 2099 game.

I forgot all about 2099 series. That was what I mainly read during the 90s. I could get behind Spider-Man 2099 based outside of New York. I could see that being a cross between Spidey and Deus Ex.

I like the sound of Spider-Man meets Deus Ex. Sounds like a winning formula. Remember they could always do a non-canon, video game specific canon series of games. They don't have to stick to the movie or comics.

I see Spider-Man outside of New York for select missions inside like a building or compound, but not just open world webslinging in like L.A or Chicago or some nonsense.
That would be really nice. Helping people out of his comfort zone.

Oh no, not webslinging around big cities. Just like you said, making his way through a compound in L.A or Chicago. Part of Spidey's appeal has always been that he was centered in New York and dealt with New York issues. Moving him around without the Avengers is like having a DBZ or Bleach game based in Los Angeles or Seattle.

I don't see Spidey outside of New York. Heavensdevil and MetalSwift's points are exactly why Spider-Man outside of NYC really wouldn't work. Spider-Man in Tokyo would be the closest going by Heavendevil's explanation of NYC being the only city with enough tall buildings/building density for Spidey. Plus he has to stow away or ride with the Avengers (or X-Men or FF) to go anywhere outside of NYC.

To MetalSwift's point while Spidey is just about Marvel's most recognizable superhero, he's typically a local hero. He rarely gets into large beyond New York adventures unless his business overlaps with another larger group that would be national, global, regional heroes. His business barely overlaps with Daredevil whose turf borders Spidey's (they have different villains that run in similar circles at times).

To MetalSwift's point while Spidey is just about Marvel's most recognizable superhero, he's typically a local hero. He rarely gets into large beyond New York adventures unless his business overlaps with another larger group that would be national, global, regional heroes. His business barely overlaps with Daredevil whose turf borders Spidey's (they have different villains that run in similar circles at times).

Interesting how Spider-Man business crosses with Daredevil's every now and then despite being in the same city...then again their foes keep them both busy, really.

That's the case with the majority of New York-based superheroes. Even those in groups. It's like New York is a magnetic for the crazies and luckily there's a bunch of heroes to regulate that. Imagine if villains say "Let's terrorize Kansas or Idaho or North Dakota, Shocker. I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me every time I get out."

Back