Xbox One Angry Birds Star Wars confirmed for Xbox One and PS4 at launch

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Rovio, Lucasfilm, and Activision jointly announced today that Angry Birds Star Wars will be released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as launch titles next month.

Angry Birds Star Wars on Xbox One also supports video and image sharing, as well as motion and voice controls through the Kinect 2.0 included with every system. In addition, the Xbox One version of Angry Birds will make use of timed challenges through the console's overhauled achievement system.

In case you were wondering if your favorite addictive time waster was going to be coming to the next gen consoles, we have confirmation that Angry Birds Star Wars will be coming to both the Xbox One and PS4 at launch for $50!

Source: Gamespot

I was just reading about this game and even though a little pricey, you can control it with just your hand thru kinect.

I like stuff like that so I am getting this I think.

This game will be a tad odd for the xbox one. I mean it's suited for mobile devices, I've never actually tried to play Angry birds anywhere besides my iPad and iPhone. I'm aware it's available for PC, but on the Xbox one might be a tad too pretentious.

What really interests me is the ability to control the entire game with just gestures, no controller needed.

Not to lie to you, this is the kind of game that should be free on consoles. The problem is that they can not put advertising to fund the game

So we must pay .... If I have one or two dollars lying around in my account, why not? I will not pay more than that. I think this game will make sense on PS3 with touch PAD.

Xbox One, the kinect will make the game fun.
Rovio relies heavily on their game Angry Birds. They must be careful to give us something acceptable.

It is good news to enrich the catalog of games on both consoles.

$50.

No. Just no. **** off, Rovio. Burn in hell.

It would doesn't even cost a quarter of that to buy all the Angry Birds games on mobile.

Is anybody dumb enough to buy these overpriced games on consoles? I would guess so, considering they keep releasing them...

Not to lie to you, this is the kind of game that should be free on consoles. The problem is that they can not put advertising to fund the game

So we must pay .... If I have one or two dollars lying around in my account, why not? I will not pay more than that. I think this game will make sense on PS3 with touch PAD.

Xbox One, the kinect will make the game fun.
Rovio relies heavily on their game Angry Birds. They must be careful to give us something acceptable.

It is good news to enrich the catalog of games on both consoles.

yea 50 dollars is cra cra... it was free on my ipad.. and i got the update with new levels few months back. for what it is come on 10bux max.... 50 bux for every angry bird game out.. star wars and al lthat jazz maybe but even than 30 bux is way out of the price point.

this is a console and it needs to stay a console. i dont want push to click style gaming on a console even if its kinect ready. the idea behind console is to get deaper with the game have more feedback.. look at plants vs zombies.. it went from a 2d chess style game(loosely based) to a 3d shooter on xb1.. that is a step in the right direction and i feel the price point is semi acceptable... but come on angry birds at 50 is straight price gouging if its anything like ipad/iphone.

you do realize this is what those app/every console is a developer will be/turn into. rehashes of ipad/iphone/android games marketed and duplicated. and if that is the case than real racing3 is at least a shoe in for a solid game with plyability over time and sure hope we get a version of it.

I think you guys are right. I was a little happy to see this game, but after looking around and seeing PvsZ, Panzer Dragon, Peggle 2, KI and others
for less, I dropped the idea of getting it.

I don't know if any of you use Windows 8 or 8.1, but games and apps like this are all over now.

$50 for Angry Birds? Don't get me wrong, I like Angry Birds, but I think it is more fit as a cheap download game than a full price retail game.

the sad part is some parents will get sucked in because their kid wants to play it. and find it a viable option

$50 for Angry Birds? Don't get me wrong, I like Angry Birds, but I think it is more fit as a cheap download game than a full price retail game.

Hell yeah. XBLA has a buncha $5 games, that's what Angry Birds is worth... barely. It's not worth more than a single-digit amount.

Wow... fifty dollars for an Iphone game turned console game? Don't get me wrong I love Angry Birds but I don't think that the price is very justified. Angry Birds works as a free, or at least, very cheap digital download, I can't imagine that just being able to play it on your tv can justify that price tag. If you could download it for about five dollars, I'd be okay with that, but for now, I think I'll steer clear.

Back