Animal Crossing = One of the best games

PepperShepard

From
East Coast
I believe animal crossing is one of the best games anyone can play. It teaches patience and the idea that hard work most certainly pays off. I could spend hours playing animal crossing, and I have spent hours playing it. Animal Crossing is amazing because it goes based off the months, seasons, years, and time. The idea of giving each animal their own individual personality flairs is unbelievable. Everyone should have the experience of playing it. If you have not played Animal Crossing, you need to. Stop what you're doing, go out and buy it right now!

I got it when I was in the 4th grade. I used to stay up all night (on school days) and play it in bed. The only unfortunate part was waiting til morning when Tom would be able to buy things from me. I lost that game. Last Christmas, the only thing I wanted for Christmas was a DSi-XL, Animal Crossing, and Nintendogs. I got it, and it's such a nostalgasm, seriously.

The game does some interesting things, as you mention, such as how it uses real time including seasons and events and how each animal has a different personality and sutff. But still, I simply can not get over the fact that it basically is a chore simulator...

I got this game about a year ago and I was in awe of how it did follow the seasons and holidays like Christmas....I thought it was the coolest thing ever!! Now my son plays it on the weekends when he is here, he is addicted to that game.

The Animal Crossing games have always been some of my personal favourites. They're great games, a different sort of genre from most of the other games that I generally play. I love the play style, it's so casual, and the idea of building up friendships and relationships with different animals being one of the core mechanics, it's good.

Although I did find something which slightly ruined it for me, but made it better at the same time, if you get what I mean. I found out that if I change the time and date on the console that you're playing it on, you can skip ahead time, meaning you don't need to wait for certain events, and can pack in many days worth of play into a couple of hours. I know it sort of defeats the core purpose of the game, but it made it more enjoyable.

Solid games, unfortunately their are none on the xbox but i think their is one coming for the wii u

Solid games, unfortunately their are none on the xbox but i think their is one coming for the wii u
Of course there's none for the Xbox, it's a 1st party franchise of Nintendo. I do wonder why somebody hasn't tried to imitate it and release that imitation on Sony and Microsoft systems, however. I'm sure that would be better than trying to imitate Animal Crossing and being released on Nintendo's systems, which I know one game did... I forget the name, though, but it was basically Animal Crossing with witches and wizards, for the DS.

Also, yes, there is a new game coming out but it's for the 3DS, which in my opnion is great. I think the handheld systems really lend themselves well for Animal Crossing, specially since Animal Crossing uses real time for events and such. Anyway, the game came out on November 2012 on Japan, February 2013 on Korea and is gonna come out on June for the rest of the world. (I bet the difference between Japanese and International release dates is because the game has a huge amount of text to translate)

I feel slightly out of the loop. The most recent animal crossing game I obtained was animal crossing DS. I began to play it recently, but I was disappointed in the little amount of depth it had. Of course it had depth, but just not enough for me to feel like I was living in my very own town. It felt too obviously simulated to me.

Can you guys tell me if the new animal crossing game(s) do a much better job at this? I don't want to feel like it is a game. I want to feel like my neighbors ACTUALLY care about me as opposed to saying something clearly premeditated.

I miss these games so much! I had the ones for the Gamecube, DS, and Wii. Wild World was the best in my opinion. These games were just so awesome. I really regret using my Action Replay on my Wild World save though, hacking just saps the fun out of it. I could never really get into the one for the GC though, it just didn't have the amount of content its sequels had. Did you know the GC version was just a port of the Japanese N64 game?

I feel slightly out of the loop. The most recent animal crossing game I obtained was animal crossing DS. I began to play it recently, but I was disappointed in the little amount of depth it had. Of course it had depth, but just not enough for me to feel like I was living in my very own town. It felt too obviously simulated to me.

Can you guys tell me if the new animal crossing game(s) do a much better job at this? I don't want to feel like it is a game. I want to feel like my neighbors ACTUALLY care about me as opposed to saying something clearly premeditated.

-GASP- I am appalled! Hehe, not really. It's to each his own, ya know? The game has depth, you just have to actually get to know it, ya know? I somehow have had a personal connection with each character, in a way. Like, there's this dog Daisy, I really like her. And I recently lost my DS, so I know that she's probably moved out of the town. I actually feel very sad, now. I feel like she felt that I abandoned her. :( Hopefully, I pray, that she's there when I find my DS. You have to devoted some time to it. It's not just a simulation like Sims. You have to really play it over the course of a year.

I miss these games so much! I had the ones for the Gamecube, DS, and Wii. Wild World was the best in my opinion. These games were just so awesome. I really regret using my Action Replay on my Wild World save though, hacking just saps the fun out of it. I could never really get into the one for the GC though, it just didn't have the amount of content its sequels had. Did you know the GC version was just a port of the Japanese N64 game?

I disliked the GC one completely. :(

I remember waking up early on Saturdays so i could play some Wild World on my black DS lite while being cozy in my bed. Always had good memories of the game and i really expect to get a 3DS later in the road to play some more of this addicting series.

I disliked the GC one completely. :(
Some people seem to prefer it over the Wii and DS ones, for some reason. I've never understood why. Even if I'm not a fan of the series, every time I hear of a new one being released I look it up and see that the new game is basically the previous one, but with lots added features and such. Still, the worst one is the N64 one! It didn't get localized and it didn't even have half as many things as the NGC version.

I played Animal Crossing on GameCube. The Nintendo GC version is not bad. The introduction bothered me because it took up much administration time, like creating a username and selecting a memory RAM or card for the game. I have not play the DS version. I did not know there is a N64 version. I had a lot of fun with the GC version and I finished the game rather quickly. After I finished the game, I mostly collected items. It had a lot of fun collecting items and going to the store to purchase items.

I love the Animal Crossing series! I got into it when the Gamecube version of the game was released many years ago. I thought it was a brilliant game,
it was simple yet additive due to it being real time. When you got up the next day you could find new things in the shop, find more fossils and talking
to your neighbours.

The later ones in the series did offer a lot more gameplay wise, as well a better graphics and the option to meet up and visit your friends towns. Overall
I really do love this series I am so excited for the newest one: New Leaf. It's going to be out really soon, I've pre-ordered my copy!

Back