Xbox One Any feedback on the Xbox One controller?

Gyp Rosetti

I am seeing everyone praise the PS4 controller and how it's going to be their new favorite FPS controller (Polygon) but I haven't
seen anything similar to the X1 controller yet, does anyone have any journalist feedback on this controller that is positive?

I am seeing everyone praise the PS4 controller and how it's going to be their new favorite FPS controller (Polygon) but I haven't
seen anything similar to the X1 controller yet, does anyone have any journalist feedback on this controller that is positive?

I've heard a few impressions that were positive, nothing comparing the two yet.

Some hands on impressions here

From what I've seen everybody has been really positive on the changes they've made to the controller. They seem to be raving about the impulse triggers in particular.

I'm very curious and looking forward to holding it in my hands as the 360 controller is my favorite one and the new one seems too "bulky".
But if most people that tried it had positive impressions, I'm probably wrong :)

This is the area, for now, that they have the edge in - the controller. I have never liked the dual shock however this new controller for the PS4 looks different enough that maybe it will be better. I'll miss that XBone controller. Plus there are pro controllers you can pick up for the PS4 with different button and stick configs so I dont see this as a huge problem.

My impressions are, what is with the cock-eyed analog sticks. They have replaced the D-pad with where the analog used to be. I'm not that keen on this change in design, but they have obviously thought it out well enough so that it's going to be better than the 360 controller, let's just hope that it is! Comparing to the PS4 controller, I really think the PS4 controller looks much better in my opinion, and probably more comfortable to use for long periods of time too.

My impressions are, what is with the cock-eyed analog sticks. They have replaced the D-pad with where the analog used to be. I'm not that keen on this change in design, but they have obviously thought it out well enough so that it's going to be better than the 360 controller, let's just hope that it is! Comparing to the PS4 controller, I really think the PS4 controller looks much better in my opinion, and probably more comfortable to use for long periods of time too.

Are you drunk?

Honestly, not much of a fan with the design. Looks very similar to the other one, and I'm currently liking the PS4 controller a bit more because of the blue LED light. I can't really judge the controller since I have never felt it, or used it before, but the features are pretty nifty.

Back