Any gamers in your area? I'm in Oregon, what about you?

Discussion in 'Community Game Nights' started by Apposl, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Apposl

Apposl New Member

Salem, OR
    I'm down here in Salem and would love meeting up online for some gaming with others in the area.

Would be really great for community game nights as well!

2. BitesizeCrayons

BitesizeCrayons New Member

Yes, but the hardcore gaming scene around here leaves a lot to be desired; most just stick to CoD and other casual games, not that I can't enjoy playing games of the like.

3. PB7

PB7 Moderator Staff Member

Well we plan on starting community game nights again in July. Jstep and Pstep used to run it and with the Xbox One our hands have been kind of tied with updating the site and boards. Once that gets going we'll do polls to see what game the night will be. We do a couple a month, its a lot of fun.

4. Epicfied

Epicfied New Member

I have quite a few friends who game with me that are in the local area, however, we don't have a gamers club or anything set up.
    Around here, people usually stick to their "groups" of friends and dont branch out gaming much.
    I'm in southern Illinois, by the way.

5. purpleguardian

purpleguardian New Member

I know some people who play DnD but not sure if that is what you are referring to, but I'm from Massachusettes so, yeah.

6. Clark Bruce

Clark Bruce New Member

Unfortunately, no there aren't any gamers in my area. It's strange because I live in a big college town so you would expect to be able to find some gamers around but so far I've been unable to find any. My friends and I have been trying to get together a sort of gamer's club together and then when it gets well known, we will try to recruit more gamers to join us. Will also try to organize tournaments as well with prizes.

7. incredibleone

incredibleone New Member

There are lots of gamers in my area. I think gamers are more common in cold weather atmospheres. They spend a lot of time indoors so brutal winters tend to create more skilled game players in my opinion. We play a lot of games like mario party, madden football, mvp baseball, donkey kong, wario ware etc.

8. sillylucy

sillylucy New Member

There are tons of gamers in my area (Los Angeles) but most are about getting high and playing games. I'm not really about that 420 lifestyle. It's cool if others are, but I just like playing without having to be on something. I'm going up to Oregon over spring. Maybe we can play some games when I get there? I should be in the Portland area in March.

9. cynthiabailey738

cynthiabailey738 New Member

I'm sure they should be some in Ontario Canada where I am.

10. jstep

jstep Super Moderator

The D
    Clan:
    HBC
    Michigan here....We definitely need to start doing a lot more game nights once the XB1 drops. Maybe one or two for each system per month,since I know not everyone will be upgrading at launch.

11. andre92

andre92 New Member

Well i know for now that i got one righ there here in this thread, im in toronto.

12. ab wii kenobi

ab wii kenobi New Member

Cleveland,Ohio
    lol!Here in Cleveland,Ohio it's every man for himself really.I wish we can have something here!Like a comicon or......SOMETHING. :'-(