Xbox 360 Any Games in a Similar Vain?

Viridian

I'm an absolutely huge fan of Borderlands. Played through the first with a friend, adored it. We were really psyched when the second came out and blazed through it in a fun week. Going on that awesome bromentum (heh, it's a portmanteau of bro and momentum), are there any other games like this? Not necessarily just shooters, but good old fashioned small 4-man team dungeon crawl-y stuff?

We also enjoyed a lot of Diablo 3 for a while, and I'm big into Left 4 Dead, but he's really not. Any suggestions from a wiser peer? Or perhaps a shameless plug?

I love Borderlands too, but I don't really know if there's anything else similar on the 360. Well, there's Dead Island, but the loot's not as good and there's no local co-op. Still, might be pretty fun with a bro, but yeah... no local is like a kick in the balls to me.

I can't think of anything else that's quite like Borderlands.

IMO Dead Island was a pretty poor effort. It felt really cobbled together at the last moment with the RPG elements just sort of tacked on.

You can try Dungeon Defenders in the Arcade. It's a pretty decent game that's kind of half TD, half FPS. There are some items that you can obtain and customizations - it's worth checking out some videos of on youtube and see whether or not it's something that you guys would enjoy. To my recollection, it can have 4 players per game.

I've yet to find anything like it, but have you played Borderlands 2? I imagine it would be the closest to it (haven't had time to play it myself yet, however). I think Borderlands just has a hilarious tone and the MMO-esque loot structure is really interesting. Playing with just one other person is such a different experience too, really fun.

I don't know really - Borderlands is a pretty unique experience. I've never played anything that combined RPG and shooter quite like this.

I can't name anything that quite lives up to Borderlands, but if you're looking for a co-op multiplayer with RPG elements and a twist of humour, you might enjoy Castle Crashers. Not nearly as much depth as Borderlands, and it's relatively short, but it's a good fun game that might be what you're after.

I'll have to agree that Borderlands 2 is the next logical step from the first game. In my opinion the sequel improves upon pretty much every aspect of the first game. I was highly impressed with it. More depth, more content, and most importantly to me, more personality. That game just oozes character and charm.

I can't really think of a game similar to Borderlands. There are some elements that you've likely seen before in other games (as is the case with most games now), but the way all of those elements are pulled together in Borderlands makes it kind of a unique game.

Back