Anyone go for Achievements?

JohnD25

Does anyone here try to get 100% in achievements in each game?

Me and a friend team up and work on achievements together, and have managed to get 100% in many games. We have a ton of fun doing it, and also use guides for achievements as well. There are quite a few games as well, that don't take anytime at all to get 10I0%, however does have 1 or 2 difficulty achievements, if there isn't many achievements. It's always fun to try and chase the top Gamescore to see how close you can actually get to!

I try to in games I really care about. The only game I have ever received 100% on however is Assassin's Creed 2. >.<

I almost got to 100 in Viva Pinata but I got bored of that game quick. I gave up in Halo after they kept adding and adding more achievements. They are getting so hard though! xD

I was one short of 100% on Assassin's Creed 2. I didn't get that one flying achievement. Typically,I like to get as many as possible and have played through some really crappy games such as King Kong, just for the 1000 achievement points.Now, I just have too much other stuff to do to waste my time on sucky games just for achievements...

I try to in games I really care about. The only game I have ever received 100% on however is Assassin's Creed 2. >.<

I almost got to 100 in Viva Pinata but I got bored of that game quick. I gave up in Halo after they kept adding and adding more achievements. They are getting so hard though! xD

I got 1000g in class viva pinata and party animals x]. I love achievements, they add so much more gameplay time and lots of excitement to the games.

I have 22? Completed games? The longest was The Orange Box

Not really, they never meant anything to me. If there was some sort of incentive behind it, beside bragging rights . I would try harder.

I tend to go for them if they aren't extremely difficult or ridiculous (Example: Seriously 3.0 from Gears of War 3), but I mainly just play for fun. I used to be what they call a "achievement whore", but that was over a year ago and have since started a new account and moved on :)

I would like to, but dont have the time really. I only have one completed game, and it Prototype 2. Its for 1000 points and was actually pretty easy, try it out...

I can see why people like going for 100% achievements, but it's not for me. I try to get as many achievements as possible, but I don't really try for 100% completion in every game I play. Some achievements are really difficult and attempting to complete them can drain the fun out of the game. I usually just sit back, play the game and sometimes look up guides for easy-medium achievements. I'm not really an "achievement hunter" by anyone's standards.

This confirms that I really suck at achievements. I never played a game where I reach 100% achievements. I try to finish the game in the fastest way and eager to know the ending, so I don’t much on achievements.

Well I actually got my gamer score reset for modding. I'm just glad it was a reset, and not a ban. Before the reset, I had about 20,000 gamerscore. After it, I only had like 35,000. Seems kind of pointless when I think of it now, but my friend did it and peer pressured me to do it when he was at my house. Well, it was a mistake, as I said, I'm glad Microsoft gave me another chance. I also got 100% in COD: Modern Warfare. But it was reset :).

Yes, I'm a monster achievement hunter. Nothing more satisfying than getting 100% on a game. I read many guides and always like to get as many achievements as I can on a game.

The games I have gotten all achievements on are CoD Black Ops II, God of War 1-3, Prototype, and MW3.

Does anyone here try to get 100% in achievements in each game?

Me and a friend team up and work on achievements together, and have managed to get 100% in many games. We have a ton of fun doing it, and also use guides for achievements as well. There are quite a few games as well, that don't take anytime at all to get 10I0%, however does have 1 or 2 difficulty achievements, if there isn't many achievements. It's always fun to try and chase the top Gamescore to see how close you can actually get to!

I do not play just for achievements. I am more of a multiplayer person. But on my RoG Viper RV account I have gained 25k gamerscore and I do follow Stallion83 on his blog to 1 million gamerscore.

In my earlier 360 days I've rented some games that had stupid easy achievements, like Avatar or Madden '06, just so I could boost my score up. I always hoped M$ would be like...woah now this guy loves our Xbox, look at his gamerscore! Let's give him free microsoft points!

Then I realized I was just being irrational.

I've played games like King Kong and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 before. But not for the easy achievements. I actually enjoyed waltzing through them.

It is satisfying to watch the *achievement unlocked* notification pop up though. It gives you a feeling like you've actually accomplished something. Like the "Lone Wolf" achievement in Halo 4. Not many people out there have, or want to beat Halo 4's campaign solo, on legendary difficulty.

Taking the time to do something no one has done before, and watching your actions flesh out into some great reward has its own personal benefits. Cheating your way to a big payoff won't make the journey as much of a learning experience as it should have been.

The funny thing is, my oldest account (and if I am lucky my current one) is what I call an achievement hunting account. I had a point where I found one of my friends had such a high gamer score, I tried to match his score. It was impossible to do in the time frame I bet him but I found so many games in which I could just dig right into achievements. At this point I still work on achievements after the initial experience.

My best 100% was Alan Wake and all the DLC that was created for it, not including American Wasteland. I just enjoy the achievement factor. Sometimes I feel it takes away from the experience, other times it makes me all the more involved.

I definitely have tried hard to get as many achievements as possible, but some I can just never seem to figure out... I have only been able to reach this in Lego Star Wars III, but they were all pretty simple in that one, gotta love the lego series! I enjoy working on achievements, but some are just too hard and some games have so many!

There are only a few achievements that I find cool or that I'd go for. I'm rarely able to complete all of the achievements. In fact, I don't think that has ever happened. What I find really unfair though, is when game companies put the achievements of all their DLC on the achievements list. It's ridiculous, how they expect us to buy all of their DLC, then we feel bad when we don't have 100% of the achievements.

I think they should only add the achievements if we actually have the DLC on file.

Not really, what's the point? Bragging rights I guess, but I find it just takes too much time, I just want to play the game.

Back