Xbox One Anyone have it yet?

I was kind of disappointed but that's not to say that the game is crap. The game is great and I loved it so far but I think it didn't live up to the hype it created but that's just me really. The game is good, you should try it out.

Watchdogs is a mix of stealth, RPG, Action and has a mix of a lot of different titles in it. With that said, it has a hard time establishing itself as something entirely unique. That's not to say that its bad, its just confusing. Sometimes you feel like you're playing grand theft auto, sometimes you play these satire inspired mini games, sometimes you're the driver, sometimes you are doing a main mission that has some amazing elements to it and all the time its fun and its a great experience.

With that said, the definition of the game is a mix bag of elements that brush on one theme, but never conquer that theme. The graphics, the GUI, the controls (mostly) and the story all have strong elements, are fun, and out of that mentioned the graphics by far are just amazing. The very beginning of the game involves cutitng the power to a game that's going on and the lights, the flash lights, the entire sequence is masterfully done.

The characters, I don't hate them, but there's few things you can feel for the people involved. Aiden is a "vigilante" sorta, that is extremely obsessed with his own agenda. Depending on your choices, behavior, and side quest game play and everyday actions Aiden can either become a crime fighting like hero whose story is full of darkness and sadness or he could become the tingle on the spine of every person in the city. The man who is on a quest to find his goal at the cost of everything in his path with a pool of blood in its wake.

This game is highly recommended, its average in many areas and stellar in many others. There are almost no area where this game is bad. So, you're going to enjoy it, and if you enjoy GTA or Assassin Creed type elements of story, missions with some RPG style perks in there you're going to adore this title.

I would give it a 4 out of 5.

Why didn't it get a 5?

Its hard to define this game, you're left feeling like you're playing clones of some games.
The powers are fun, but there's nothing that's genre defining, or ground breaking
The story is "interesting" but its also a holder of elements of recycled stories we've played many times. You'll enjoy it but not feel changed by it.
I believe this game is above average as a whole, but not deserving of the 5.

I really wanted to get Watch Dogs because of the graphics. Kind of a bad reason to buy a game, but whatever, right? I had seen screen shots vs actual pictures... and they looked good.
Watch Dogs isn't the type of game I'd typically play, but it's not bad. In ways, it reminds me of Grand Theft Auto. Its story and graphics are definitely captivating, though.
If you're interested, I'd definitely suggest it.

Played it at my friends house and was really disappointed. It's a pretty sad game because it really should have been better than it was.. You can tell it was slapped together haphazardly..

I don't considered stunning graphic or visuals to be a "must-have" in the games I play, but I am disappointed in Watch Dogs as they could have clearly do better. If you compare the older trailers (like the 2012 or 2013 e3 trailer) with the more recent trailers, you will notice that the graphics in the newer trailers are a massive downgrade.

That's like......raising our expectation and end up not delivering the end-product......."Woah, we get to have a cheeseburger!" and then "What? We only get the burger with no cheese?"
You get the drift. It's still an okay game though. Hopefully if there's sequel in the future they could do it better.

I bought the game on release but never completed the game. I felt that it got really repetitive towards the middle of the story and nothing interesting happened. Once I've all the side activities there isn't really anymore incentive to keep playing because the story was boring to me.

I played it on my friend's house and it looks pretty good, there's a lot of details and you can scan all the people and I found that really fun. But I need to buy it and play it through to have a proper opinion.

I just wanted to update this for the Watchdog fans. The game is still a great title and probably under the $60 mark at this point (I haven't checked) however, they are expanding the intellectual property (have expanded). There's a book out now. It follows directly after the game and follows a different hacker. I'm a pretty big reader and have a lot of stuff on my list, and I'm going to add that to the list, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it or if any of the libraries in my area will get it.

There's also talk about a movie that will be following the world of Watchdogs. I still believe that graphically this game is hard to capture. It does this strange mix of what you'd expect the invisible world of tech to do when you're hacking and the detail is so immense its deserving of the praise. A movie would be great, as long as the proper formula is followed and it avoids past gaming movie failures.

Back